What's some good settings for it for Metallica, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. I'm just trying to get some better metal tone out of it.

Right now I've got the highs at 10, the lows at 8, the mid frequency in the middle, and the mids at about 2, with distortion at 10.

I'm running this into a Crate Powerblock with its settings as:
Gain: 3
High: 10
Mid: 2
Low: 10

I use the Crate by itself for clean tones, and use the Boss as my Lead channel, basically. Oh, and if it helps, I'm using an ESP LTD MH-100QM and a Randall 412 cab.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that nobody's really listening?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.
put everything at the middle (12 o'clock) and adjust the level to equal the clean. Then keep the gain under 3 o'clock, lower the mid frq a little, lower the highs a little. You need some mids...
The mids on the amp are way too scooped ... unless you want to get the sound of of And Justice for All.
Quote by pwrmax
unless you want to get the sound of of And Justice for All.

he has to much bass
ZOMG MY ENGL CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY AND IM GOING TO PLUG IN MY JACKSON DINKY AND AND PLUG IN MY EMG PICKUPS(5 OF THEM) AND MY METALZONE PEDAL AND AND ITS CUZ ITS GOT 300 WATTS AND I CAN HIT IT SO HARD UNTIL THE RECTIFIER GLOWS WITH THE INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND BURNING UNICORNS

Sorry, just had to post it.
Quote by pwrmax
The mids on the amp are way too scooped ... unless you want to get the sound of of And Justice for All.

Actually, I like the tone off of And Justice...

Or, in a spurt of genius, I could just use my next three paychecks and buy a new full stack...

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier or Krank Krankenstein?

I would say Triple Rec. A dual should also do you fine.

Also, don't buy new mesa gear. It's overpriced. You can find TRs on craigslist for about 900 if you search hard enough.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Last edited by FLCLcowdude at Aug 9, 2008,
Quote by trueguitarhero

and justice for all was just a mess of treble, even metallica says so...
Quote by trueguitarhero
Or, in a spurt of genius, I could just use my next three paychecks and buy a new full stack...

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier or Krank Krankenstein?

Kirk Hammet uses a Mesa Dual Rectifier sometimes boosted with a tubescreamer. The Mesa Tri-Rec should serve you well in getting a rich thick metal distortion.
Quote by pwrmax
Kirk Hammet uses a Mesa Dual Rectifier sometimes boosted with a tubescreamer. The Mesa Tri-Rec should serve you well in getting a rich thick metal distortion.

Thanks. I'm gonna check craigslist now.

Quote by trueguitarhero

me2.

I hated the sound of the like, scooped mids drums, same with guitars.
But it was a very agressive, nice metal tone.
I liked it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer