HI
i don't know much about amp but now i'm looking to an amp that could be great for gig and practice. i was looking for Mesa rectifier and wonder what was the important diffrerences between the single/dual/ triple rectifier.
so if someone with more knowledge than could answer...
thanks
wattage and number of channels (duel is 100w, trip is 150w, version's of 2 and 3 channels each) . What types of music do you play?
I also believe that the Single Rectifier uses a solid-state rectifier, rather than a tube rectifier like in the Dual/Triple.

Don't quote me on that, though.
i cover rage against the machine with my band
and we are going into our stuff soon
and personnaly i like to play SOAD, billy talent, linkin park, RATM
Quote by jebus19
i cover rage against the machine with my band
and we are going into our stuff soon
and personnaly i like to play SOAD, billy talent, linkin park, RATM
Well, Daron Malakian from SOAD plays Dual and Triple rectos according to Wikipedia, so that'd certainly do the job.
i know, but i just want to know the differences between the dual and single, and not which one should i choose...
The difference between the dual and single is as follows:

The Single is 50 watts, the Dual is 100

The Single only has Solid State rectification, the Dual has Solid State and Tube. (if your confused as to what rectification is, here is a great article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier)

The Single has 2 channels, the Clean/Pushed channel, and the Raw/Vintage/Modern channel where the Dual has both those channels plus another Raw/Vintage/Modern channel for a total of 3 channels.

Those are the main differences between the 2.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yes, the single has tubes. Rectifiers in high gain amps are typically solid state, but in some cases 1 tube is used for this. Don't worry about that part.

As notes:
From what I know, the single rectifier is a bit less high gain/aggressive than the other two. Also, the triple will have a little bit tighter low end and minor tonal differences due to it's larger transformers than the dual.
Single doesn't have as many options in the power section like tube rectification, etc. Dual is the most commonly used, and triple has more headroom so it'll stay a bit tighter at high volumes and with low tunings supposedly, but I've never A/B'd mine with a dual.