I've never seen one in the store, never heard a sound clip, they're perfect for my budget but I need some opinions on the tone, or if anyone has a sound clip that can link me up it'd be great. I''m looking at the 212 33watt version.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
They're okay. Due to lack-luster quality control, you'll get some that sound pretty nice, while others will sound like flatulence into a trumpet (I've been in band WAY too long...). I've played the 18 watt ones, and they ARE loud for the wattage, but they don't have very much tone variation. The amp in my sig is one of Crate's older models (1994-ish) and sounds great if you can get your hands on one. Sadly, the quality control HAS gone done a bit over the years.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
so you're saying try out the actual one I'm getting before I buy it basically?
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Sadly, yes. Guitar Center sells them, as well as their own line of Crate tube amps, under the model line Palomino. The only difference is the Palomino's are American made, sold only through Guitar Center, and have a blonde casing.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I'm pretty sure the palomino series has been discontinued, like 99% sure.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
I played the 18W one in a local shop and liked it. I made a thread reviewing it, just search "Crate V18 dudetheman" and it might come up.

It has a very distinctive sound and personality that some will like and some won't. I strongly recommend trying it before making the final decision. All in all, the amp is great for what it is, but if you don't like what it is, you'll need pedals.

Also, if you decide to buy one, SamAsh has them about 100 cheaper than GC or MF.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.