I have a Line 6 Spider III 150 watt head - well... two of them now.
My first one stopped working one day, making a loud buzzing when I turned it on. Then one day when I decided to turn it on to analyze the sound it was making before bringing it in for repair, it made a series of popping noises, then one final loud pop, and the screen went blank.

After a while I smelled smoke. Looking back in horror, I realized that my head was smoking. After promptly running it outside, I went to my local GC, and they helped me replace it, as I fortunately had a warranty that covered the whole price. They claimed that it was totally ****ed, so I went on my merry way with my new head, as well as the old one.

Finally- My question...
Does anyone know what may have gone wrong with my first head? I'm hoping that I can figure out what went wrong, do a cheap repair, and sell it for a decent price.

Thanks in advance for both reading my long, elaborate story and for helping out.
Finally- My question...
Does anyone know what may have gone wrong with my first head? I'm hoping that I can figure out what went wrong, do a cheap repair, and sell it for a decent price.
/QUOTE]

I have a Line 6 Spider III 150 watt head/QUOTE]

spider's have bad reliability
Agreed, spiders are unreliable.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I bet the entire op-amp circuit went up in a fiery blaze. Just toss the chassis and use the headbox for firewood.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I opened up the head - things don't look terribly fried. Then agian, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about with digital.
Well, go outside, plug it in, and see where the smoke comes from.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.