well i always wanted one so i can get one now if i choose to
but the thing is NO WHERE around me sells them so i would like to know what your guys opinion on it, and is it worth it compared to similarly priced amps?

my playing styles from metal to jazz if that helps.
From the specs sheet, they seem a little overpriced for what they are but you are in no doubt that you are getting one of the best bass amps ever built with the highest quality of construction and parts.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I use Mesa Boogie a lot. It's the most badass cabinet I own. Definitely worth it.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I use a Bass 400 head from the late 80's, and I must say it's the best amp I've ever owned. I've owned the entire Ampeg Pro series and an SVT-CL, and the Boogie blows them all out of the water. Mine is the older model that uses six 6550 tubes unlike the twelve 6L6GC's in the 400+. Same power, but the older 400 has more clarity, balls, and low-end. Unfortunately, Mesa just completely ended their line of all-tube bass heads last month, and they just removed the 400+ from the website, (or, moved it to the discontinued section).

Here's my baby:

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Amazing doesn't cut it when describing these amps.

They're everything an amp needs to be.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by mountaindew88
Mesa just completely ended their line of all-tube bass heads last month
Did they? Why? Don't they have plenty of pros who endorse those?
cool, it a definite MAYBE now. just im mainly intrested in the walkabout so i just gotta find one and try it now
Quote by smb
Did they? Why? Don't they have plenty of pros who endorse those?

Yeah, but it had to go for some reason. My biggest theory was that it's completely non-compliant with a lot of European voltages or something, and it non-convertible to their (or your ) standards. So I'm guessing they've deleted the amp and they've got something new brewing around the corner (or at least, I hope they do!)

Last August they put up a "Final Production Run" notice on the 400+ webpage, so if you wanted one you could still get one. But just a few days ago, they removed the 400+ to the discontinued amps section, so sadly it's now gone forever (with the exception of used heads).

But yeah, I love my old Bass 400, and it's not going anywhere!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Last edited by mountaindew88 at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by mountaindew88
Yeah, but it had to go for some reason. My biggest theory was that it's completely non-compliant with a lot of European voltages or something, and it non-convertible to their (or your ) standards. So I'm guessing they've deleted the amp and they've got something new brewing around the corner (or at least, I hope they do!)

Pfft, just cause Americans are scared of 240V! I thought all they had to do was stick an input transformer in the amp to lower the voltage down to 110V. Some amps even have a switch to select between 110V and 240V.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9