cause I can't get a decent ****ing P.H. on the 6th string!!! I been at it for over a month straight with only minimal results. I've become much better at every other string, but the 6th string is an illusive bastard. I have plenty of gain, so that's not the issue. The issue my technique.

Are there any vids of explaining how to do the 6th string? I've tried the diaganol angle attack as well. I need HELP!!!
Low E.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
More practice? Thinner strings? or maybe thicker would be better. Just some suggestions.

Remember, hit the string with the pick slanted. That might help if you didn't know.

"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
uhm, you might want to vibrato your pinches more on the 6th string than the other ones

EDIT: 52's? it took me a while to be able to pinch my 56's the way i wanted it to sound
Quote by Tom_hatton
As are you, a fuckin' 10 for SiC08klok
You have a decent amount of gain? If so i can only think that your string is old.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
i'd say use a 7 or 8 string... but i doubt you'd wanna pay lotsa money, just to be able to get a P.H. easier on the 6th string!

sorry, i dont have any good suggestions, i havnt slept last night
Quote by bdof
LOL, E. It's a 52 as well

I am hitting it slanted. It pisses me off cause I let someone play with my guitar and they nail em!
higher gauge, practice on doing more gentle p.h. on it.

serious business

forget about the gauge if you already have
Quote by SG6578
You have a decent amount of gain? If so i can only think that your string is old.

My strings are fine, and I'm running a Dean CFH through a Soldano Avenger through a Vader 2x15, PLUS an MXR 10-band eq with the mids boosted.
Another thing. Try practicing with different pickup positions

The weird thing is that when I use 2 single coils [so I mean when I use the neck single coil and the bridge single coil] I get better P.H's. Also try p.h.'ing in different places of your picking range
Quote by drunkinkoala
Get lessons from Zakk Wylde.

UGH!!! Are there any vids of him explaining how to do the 6th string?
Quote by bdof
LOL, E. It's a 52 as well

Crazy Cunt.
Seriously though, if you can't do it, then try a different harmonic spot.
I can do the Floods solo by pantera all in Artificial harmonics.
:] I feel proud.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by drunkinkoala
Get lessons from Zakk Wylde.

+1000000 ZW is awesome! ....and a pinch harmonic god
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
How consistently can you do pinches on the other strings? If you can do it really well on the others, it shouldn't be too much harder on the low E. I play em on the 3rd fret, crank that gain and add vibrato to make em sound good. Use your bridge pickup
Quote by kevC4
Another thing. Try practicing with different pickup positions

The weird thing is that when I use 2 single coils [so I mean when I use the neck single coil and the bridge single coil] I get better P.H's. Also try p.h.'ing in different places of your picking range

This. Hold a fret and try doing the pinch while moving your picking hand up and down the string until you find a spot that will sound a harmonic.
we have two forums for help with techniques:

guitar & bass basics
advanced techniques

there is no reason this should be in the pit.
from daylight...
...into darkness