Hey guys, I'm having a really hard time deciding on what stomp box to buy. I've been reading the reviews of both pedals and it seems like both of them say that both are the best metal pedal. I play alternative rock to shred and heavy metal. I want a sound with a boomy bass but with a lot of attack, clarity and harmonics for shredding. Help. lol. Thanks hahaha. Boss MT-2 or Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff?
Never tried the Boss...

The Metal Muff is one of the greatest metal oriented distortion pedals that I've ever heard though so I will have to go with it by default.
Metal Muff.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
dude,i bought the MT-2 a long time ago thinking it would be exactly what i wanted,but its far from it. you cant get a good tone out of this thing.its just not possible.do yourself a favor and get the metal muff,i want one of those so bad. the MT-2 just isnt gonna cut it if you want a wide variety of sounds.
^+1, the Muff is very versatile, especially with the 3-band EQ.

You can dial in pretty much any metal tone that the occasion calls for.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I really dont think either of those stompboxes will provide you with what you want. But if i'd have to pick from those two i'd pick the Metal Muff, might be baised though considering that's what i own. I never use it though, just doesn't compare to amp overdrive boosted with an overdrive pedal. Tell us what gear you are currently using.
Im currently using an...

Ibanez RG350EX
Crappy amp
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Zoom 505II

But im planning to buy:
Ibanez TBX-30R Amplifier
Boss DD-3
Digitech Turbo Flange
Ibanez TS-808
MXR KFK1 Kerry King 10 band EQ
and some kinda noise gate

I just want to know which Dist will help with my music and which pedal wont make me regret buying it. Thanks :P
Quote by Xzcutioner21

I just want to know which Dist will help with my music and which pedal wont make me regret buying it. Thanks :P

I regret buying my Metal Muff probably because i dont use it, but it definitely was the better choice between all the other high gain distortion pedals at that price range.
You could always check out the demos...

MT-2
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=130&ParentId=90

Metal Muff:
http://www.electroharmonix.com - click on "effects", then "distortion", then click on the Metal Muff pedal when it appears.

Seeing both products demoed side by side like that may help you make your decision... or it may just waste a few minutes of your life lol
Between the two? Metel muff.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Well it's obvious the Metal Muff wins this battle, but let's add the Digitech MMX Metal Master to the mix
Get a new amp.

Sell the Zoom and the crap amp and get something that will get you a good metal tone, instead of running a 'metal' pedal through a crap amp.

The Muff > MT-2, but neither are gonna sound good through a crap amp.

Even with a good, high gain tube amp, you wouldn't need one. The most would possibly be an OD to tighten up your gain.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
The Metal Muff, however, I like the Micro Metal Muff better, I just don't like when there's too much controls
They're both way better than the MT-2
Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of each pedal? And why do you guys think that the metal muff is better. Im talking about the metal muff with top boost. :P I'm almost convinced of buying it now. Please do compare the pedals.
For me, the MT-2 is too fizzy, noisy and doesn't cut through that well - and after a certain point, adding more gain will just add mush and noise. Too much highs, also - I couldn't get anything realy brutal out of it, and I tried many guitars. Maybe it's good for something shredding...
get the muff, although I've never played through one the MT-2 is really fizzy and doesn't cut at all, I tried alot of stuff with it and could never dial in a good sound. But go try them out first for sure.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
If I mix the Metal Muff with a Ibanez TS-808, will it have a good sound? or will buying a TS-808 be useless because of the top boost feature of the Metal Muff?
Metal is my RELIGION, Judas is my priest.
Everybody here on UG seem to hate the mt-2...It isn´t that bad. I use the mt-2 with a behringer eq pedal and it sounds great! + if you buy the mt-2 and the behringer eq it´s still cheaper than the metal muff.

The mt-2 can be a little bit tricky to get a good sound from and that might be the reason that so many hate the metalzone here...But if you know anythinng about eq, you should be fine

All I´m saying is that most ug users are born mt-2 haters and you should try both pedals in a musicstore.

Ps. Don´t kill me for standing up for the metalzone Ds.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Get a new amp.

Sell the Zoom and the crap amp and get something that will get you a good metal tone, instead of running a 'metal' pedal through a crap amp.

The Muff > MT-2, but neither are gonna sound good through a crap amp.

Even with a good, high gain tube amp, you wouldn't need one. The most would possibly be an OD to tighten up your gain.

YES YES LISTEN TO HIM
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Im getting an Ibanez Toneblaster 30 watts. But it wont be my gig amp, just my practice amp.
Metal is my RELIGION, Judas is my priest.