Alright, those who own 5150's know how much of an earache the sheffield speakers can be. So today, my friend was replacing the speakers in his Randall RH200 combo (Celestion G12T-100), so he offered them to me. I immediately put em in and I gotta say they sound MUCH better at higher volumes than the sheffields. What is everyone's opinions on these? I think they will do fine for me until I have cash for some G12K-100's.
You know I just got a cab with a Eminence Legend V12 and a Celestion G12K-100 that I need to wire up, I'm curious as to how they sound as well.

The T-100's are 100W versions of the G12T-75 if I remember correctly, and those are the speakers that Jerry @ FJAMods recommends for use with a 5150. In my opinion, if they sound good, don't change em. But I will definitely post my results in the 5150/6505 thread once I get the cab wired up.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Yeah man let me know how that goes!
I do like these speakers, but I heard the g12k-100 are more articulate sounding, I might keep these, but down the line get a cab loaded with g12k's
Quote by solitaryshell90
Yeah man let me know how that goes!
I do like these speakers, but I heard the g12k-100 are more articulate sounding, I might keep these, but down the line get a cab loaded with g12k's

As soon as its wired up I'll try to post back here or in the official thread. Have you considered just running an extension cab?
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
As soon as its wired up I'll try to post back here or in the official thread. Have you considered just running an extension cab?

yeah that's what I meant
I'm actually not sure if the 5150 Combo shuts off the internal speakers when you connect an extension cabinet. That'd be pretty badass if it didn't, so you could get the best of both.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
I'm actually not sure if the 5150 Combo shuts off the internal speakers when you connect an extension cabinet. That'd be pretty badass if it didn't, so you could get the best of both.

I hope not, it would certainly sound awesome, looks like avatar offers cabs loaded with the g12k's