Poll: Did I over-react?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did I over-react?
Yep, good job on not hitting him though!
16 18%
Nope, sucks too. You should've kick his ass.
71 81%
Voters: 88.
Sometimes at my best friend's house, we have boxing matches. We all love it and have a good time. I usually lose, but I can't box. I have the strenght but... fuck, this is irrelevent.

Anyway, I get asked to fight but I don't want to, then this asshole.. That asshole.. He says no too. So I man up and change my mind. Again, I can't box, I lose, I get laughed at. No big deal. Happens to alot of us, kind of a ritual. You lose you get laughed at.

So this douche who didn't fight decides to tell me I'm a bitch and can't box and starts talking ALOT of shit. I mean alot. And this fucker is a scrawny bitch so I KNOW I can beat him. I tell him to fight me and I tell him to his face that I'd beat the shit out of him. He was quiet after that.

So did I over-react? Or was I justified?

As a side-note, I didn't like this guy before. He just gave me more of an incentive to kick his ass. And it's really obvious that he's in LOVE with my best friend's girlfriend. I really wanted to beat his ass. Good God, that would've made the night better than it already was.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
ummm....you never fought him?

the answer is no. you sound like you're all talk.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
you suck.
"Rape is no laughing matter... Unless your raping a clown" t-shirt hell
Should have done it. I would have. Over reacting FTW. Just check out my 'What The Hell' thread lol.
A U S S I E
Quote by Its_Rock77
ummm....you never fought him?

the answer is no. you sound like you're all talk.

Because he backed out.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox

That didnt make a damn bit of sense.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Austiman
Because he backed out.

actually I was just trying to provoke some anger from you.

and truly I'd say you definitely overreacted. However, it wasn't that much "over." you should have been mad but not that mad.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I'm a little glad I didn't fight though. He's actually really weak, and smaller than me. I'm a pretty big dude. :/
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

Nah... seemed about right.

Now, if you had went ahead and kicked his ass after he backed out then yes you would've over reacted.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
All ok, only counts as over reaction if you beat up the other for a poor reason.
Stop trying to act "manly" and "macho", and don't do what you don't want to do to impress people.

In the end, all you end up with is:
Yay, you can fight! do you feel like a man? does it earn you "street cred"?
Does it make you feel special because you can beat up another human being, causing bodily harm and discomfort?

Really man, there's no point no matter how much you deny it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Austiman
And this fucker is a scrawny bitch so I KNOW I can beat him.

I know two people just like that and I am really pissed off with one of them.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Not really. He called you out on your fighting abilities, you called him out to test them. He backed down.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Violence is always wrong.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
No, you didn't overreact. In fact, you were the better man by keeping cool.
Quote by NorfIrIon
Violence is always wrong.

psshht... not when someone hits you first it isnt...
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
whatever, if he was talking about how much of a bitch you are then he should be able to back that up so i dont think you overeacted, if you went ahead and hit him in the face than id say you did.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I think the simple fact that you're asking the pit its opinion over a moral issue that you yourself should consider because it has no relevance to any of our lives is indication enough that you should think for yourself.

On the other hand, you're asking for our opinions. But one piece of advice: Don't take the Pit's opinions (including mine) as solid arguments on which to base your life because you'll get nowhere; thus, by ruining your life, you will begin an uncontrollable cycle of beginning threads asking for our opinions over moral choices that you yourself should decide upon. In concordance to this suggestion, I believe that you should disregard my opinion as fact but take what you believe to be most applicable in your own situation and, henceforth, apply that idea to subsequent threads in the Pit.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Deffinelty not.

To be honest, I don't like it when guys refuse a friendly fight.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Yes, you did overreact. You shouldn't have said/done what you said/did. But I'm sure you and your friend/partner/sibling/enemy can talk it out.

EDIT: What the hell? That was such a boring story.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Should have headbutted him, called him a "muggy cunt" and then given him a Chelsea Smile.

That's a worthy reaction.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too