i have to make the choice soon and i dont know yet =/

help please??

i can get the AD60VT for $280 from a buddy or get the AD30 for $40 cheaper...

ive read that the AD60 isnt always fully reliable but it is 60watts=]]

what do you guys think??
Get the AD60 because it's worth the extra $40.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
the wattage wont make that much of a difference.. get the 30 watt save your money.. its still loud
Quote by pepsi1187
the wattage wont make that much of a difference.. get the 30 watt save your money.. its still loud

That's not true. With solid state amps, higher wattage is always better because more watts = more headroom and SS clipping is far from sounding nice.

EDIT: also, the AD60VT has way more options, that's pretty rad too
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I just sold my AD30VT cause I have the chance of getting an AD60VT. The AD30VT is a great amp. It was my first amp ever and I am very very happy with it, no doubt about it, but the AD60VT has more useful features for me, such as the capacity for storing 32 custom presets, against 2 in the AD30VT, a few more amp models and personally, I fell for that blue retro finish from the beginning. I am also sure those extra 30 Watts will definitely help.
For the same price you could get

A used Crate Palomino
A used Peavey Classic 30
Used Ashdown tube hybrid
Used Valveking

All better!
highway to hell you probably helped the most bro...

thanks=]
and honestly i dont give a **** about the presets and amp types and ****...

all i need is my crybaby, my RP7 valve, and my RP200...

i need an amp that i can play blues, classic rock [like zeppelin], and maybe metal with fairly heavy distortion without a pedal...

anyone got anything to recomend??

and all under $300=]]
Well blues and classic rock will work out wonderfully with a classic 30 or a palomino, metal distortion from the amp isn't going to happen, you need a pedal for that.
Metal might be a little bit easier to achieve with the valveking but I won't recommend you that because they sound pretty dull and lifeless in my opinion.

I haven't the foggiest wether you're going to get one of those under $300 used because I live in Europe, but check craigslist and see what you can scoop up I guess
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It seems some people don't actually know what they are talking about in this thread.

The AD60VT is a much more high end modeller than the AD30VT. Completely different, better quality modelling - The 60 and 120 watt versions are basically the tonelab with a speaker Definitely worth the extra cash.

Whether he should get a used tube combo or not depends on whether he wants 1 really nice tone, or loads of really nice tones that aren't quite as good as the one he'd get from a tube amp. The 60 watt valvetronix is one of the better modellers on the market, thats for sure - why else would a brand new AD120VT be priced similarly to the custom classic AC30? bearing in mind any uninformed person who had enough money would just get the AC30 because its an AC30.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.