If i put a locking nut... like on a strat would it stay in tune better? even though the bridge doesn't lock? or would it still bounce out of tune frequent?
EDIT: like a Floyd rose locking nut just to be specific
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
the locking nut is useless, because when you lock the nut, it slightly detunes the guitar... you need fine tuners
alrighty then... thanks...

EDIT: just thinking.... would you be able to use the screws at the end of the bridge as fine tuners?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Last edited by shampooboy37 at Aug 9, 2008,
No, that'll mess up your intonation - what you want is locking tuners - I put Sperzel locking tuners and a graphtec nut on mine and made a huge difference to tuning stability
Quote by mark_wuk
No, that'll mess up your intonation - what you want is locking tuners - I put Sperzel locking tuners and a graphtec nut on mine and made a huge difference to tuning stability

I did exactly what you did and it made a huge difference.
Quote by mark_wuk

+1.
TS, if you REALLY want tuning stability, there's always the super Vee.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
is the supervee good? i saw it in guitar world a couple months ago...

EDIT: what is the intonation exactly?
Last edited by shampooboy37 at Aug 9, 2008,
how well you stay in tune going up the neck. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about the super vee.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it should be good for about 200 bucks! lol
Quote by oneblackened
how well you stay in tune going up the neck. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about the super vee.

...so, would you consider that over a Floyd Rose...? ...I'd like to know, too...