I hear so much about the classic 30s, but what about the 50s? I have come across the possibility to buy one for $400 maybe a bit more, and I am contemplating it. Its a 4x10, and seems gently used.

Any info about these? Thanks.
i've only tried the 30, but i think $300-$400 is around the going rate, used, for a classic 30, so that sounds like a pretty decent price for the 50 (best check e-bay's completed listings though, to get an idea of prices). as far as i'm aware, the 50 should be equally as good as the 30, but will probably sound a little different as it has 6L6s instead of el84s.

you might have to take up weightlifting, though, a 4x10 isn't going to be light!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's a good deal, and the 4x10 is a great amp. i own the Classic 30, Classic 50 4x10, and the Classic 100 head as well as a Classic 4x12E cab and the Classic 400 bass head and 8x10 cab. me and the other guitar player in my band collect the series. anyway, the 4x10 might be my favorite out of all of them.
6l6 output stage into a 4x10? if its in tweed, it'll be like a pseudo-'59 bassman, or at least look like one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've only tried the 30, but i think $300-$400 is around the going rate, used, for a classic 30, so that sounds like a pretty decent price for the 50 (best check e-bay's completed listings though, to get an idea of prices). as far as i'm aware, the 50 should be equally as good as the 30, but will probably sound a little different as it has 6L6s instead of el84s.

you might have to take up weightlifting, though, a 4x10 isn't going to be light!

Huh? I owned a Classic 50 for a year, and it definitely does not have 6L6's. It runs on EL84's just like the 30.
But anyways, that's a good price. They are great amps.

You may be thinking of the old classic line, which did run on 6l6's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, i think so. i could have sworn it was 6L6s, but you're right, it's EL84s. Sorry about that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's alright.

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if it's anything like the C30 I purshased today, get it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I had both the Classic 30 and 50, there are good amp for clean, classic rock, and little bit of hard rock (with help of pedal). But if your buying this amp thinking that you can play metal or some metallica, or even van hallen it won't probably cut it. Also if your thinking you can crank this baby, wow your in a suprise. Pass 4 in the master volume and your ears with starting tingling in a bad way (just me). Even if you get the 30 watt version its still hell of loud. I don't know man, you got to try it first to see if it will fits you. My amp thought 40 watts is very good for some reason i can actually crank it, i guess not all tube amp are too loud
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
i forgot to mention this, what music do you play? the classic series is really versatile. Hell, I was using a semi-hollow body guitar with, and it had enough gain to do Mastodon and The Sword (didn't feel like grabbing a hotter guitar, but i'd imagine it could do some really insane crunchiness). Speaking of which, I actually really want one as a lighter compliment to my tehbrutal00rz Mesa (not that it can't do lighter stuff, but my guitars are on the hotter/warmer side)
For $400 lightly used? If you like the tones yes it is a good deal, the amp is worth that. I never tried to get metal tones out of one but it's great for cleans to classic rock - which is what I tried to get out of it.
Quote by angeldef
I had both the Classic 30 and 50, there are good amp for clean, classic rock, and little bit of hard rock (with help of pedal). But if your buying this amp thinking that you can play metal or some metallica, or even van hallen it won't probably cut it. Also if your thinking you can crank this baby, wow your in a suprise. Pass 4 in the master volume and your ears with starting tingling in a bad way (just me). Even if you get the 30 watt version its still hell of loud. I don't know man, you got to try it first to see if it will fits you. My amp thought 40 watts is very good for some reason i can actually crank it, i guess not all tube amp are too loud

True, It's still good for room practice though. Sounds really good when cranked too! (even with sovteks ) I did it about a week ago and was completely blown away. Good thing I had ear plugs on.
Quote by angeldef

I don't know, I can get some hard rock on my own. But with a pedal I actually get a good thrash tone. No death metal, but some lighter stuff.
Great amp
Get it