--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What were the real hardcore bands( thinking of the NYHC scence) that first used breakdowns instead of the metalcore and hardcore bands today that make breakdowns not sound as good? I know Suffocation uses breakdowns from hardcore music as I heard in a interview and they're breakdowns sound way different from metalcore breakdowns today and much better too. So what were the bands Murphys Law, Biohazard, Cro Mags....?
Merauder.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by Dewcifer 000
Wasn't it like Dying Fetus or something?

Pretty sure their not hardcore

Quote by saxaxe
Pantera

Definitely not hardcore

Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Merauder.

Listen to Dai..i frankly dunno but he seems to know his stuff
Quote by swordsman14
What were the real hardcore bands( thinking of the NYHC scence) that first used breakdowns

Quote by recklessnick
i think its pantera or slayer that influenced

Once again, someone posted without reading the original post, he's not asking who the first band to use a breakdown was he's asking who the first hardcore band to use a breakdown was.
Earth Crisis? idk, I haven't heard them in forever, they may not even be among the first
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
bump, so which ones were the first to do that, especially ones that influenced bands like Suffocation to do their breakdowns?
Gorilla Biscuits
seriously
sounds nothing like what is a 'breakdown' these days though
This is question is as fuzzy as "who was the first hardcore band"
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
agnostic front ?
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by kurtrip
Gorilla Biscuits
seriously
sounds nothing like what is a 'breakdown' these days though

This. And they definitely paved the way with the whole half time feel or whatever.
Quote by saxaxe
Pantera

these guysll tell you that they werent hardcore but i think they were the forefathers of todays hardcore

The first time i lsitened to "this love" i busted out laughing and was like "ITS A PREHISTORIC BREAKDOWN!!"
Quote by Gromlich
these guysll tell you that they werent hardcore but i think they were the forefathers of todays hardcore

The first time i lsitened to "this love" i busted out laughing and was like "ITS A PREHISTORIC BREAKDOWN!!"

Hardcore pre-dated Pantera by ten years.
Quote by JxD
Hardcore pre-dated Pantera by ten years.

You're definitely right, but I think Pantera is a lot more hardcore than they get credit for. Hell, I'd almost call them metalcore. Not in todays sense, obviously, but they're a pretty solid mix of metal and hardcore.
Bulldoze. /thread
That loser shit's right out the window!