I play normal guitars upsidedown, means I dont have 2 have a lefty on hand all the time. Problem is with electric guitars, the body is not designed for use the wrong way up. The volume, selector and other stuff gets in the way, the strap button is on the wrong side (I had another one put on my current guitar) I also cant access the higher frets because the cut away is on the wrong side.

Basicly I need a left handed guitar thats been restrung for a right hander.
Is this possible without a lot of work on the bridge and such?
And would I get a decent sound?
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
So you want to do a Hendrix?

You can do it, you just need to change the nut and stuff and you're away. The sound you get also isn't really different, just the same, I think.

And, just to get this clear, you're right handed? And want a left handed guitar? Cause the first sentence is a tad misleading then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

You can do it, you just need to change the nut and stuff and you're away. The sound you get also isn't really different, just the same, I think.

And, just to get this clear, you're right handed? And want a left handed guitar? Cause the first sentence is a tad misleading then.

A Reverse Hendrix ;D

And yeah like he said all you would need to do is get the nut replaced and Even a left handed guitar will have the knobs up by your shoulder im afraid =\...
Your gunna have to get used to tat if you play in the reversed or regular hendrix style.

Quote by Lil Macker

No I think what he means is he's left handed but plays right handed guitars left handed but doesn't restring them, so he's looking for left handed guitar set up for left handers...

Doesn't that kinda defeat the object of playing the right handed guitars upside down for convenience?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
you can buy reversed strats hendrix style for rightys, why not use a right handed?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Azza Dutt
No I think what he means is he's left handed but plays right handed guitars left handed but doesn't restring them, so he's looking for left handed guitar set up for left handers...

Doesn't that kinda defeat the object of playing the right handed guitars upside down for convenience?

Oh right! That's really confusing, I'll tell you that.

EDIT: Anyways, there's tons of guitars out there, what's yer budget?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 9, 2008,