I am trying to learn the intro solo to Metallica's one and i'm doing pretty good. I am learning it from this guy on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/yianni1066. My question is is he showing it completely correct? I watch others play it on youtube videos and seem to be missing a few notes here and there but they play too fast for me to make out what i might be missing. So far from this guy i've learned up to video 3 part 3 where it ends with hitting 11th fret 3rd string sliding up to 12 hitting 12-3 three times then moving down to 11-3 and hitting that string.
i dont like watching videos to learn myself, i just see the tabs here, and if it doesent work(timing issues, problem hearing notes) i download a guitar pro version, and learn. recommend this to you.
The video seems okay if you can be bothered sitting through it all through the beginners stuff. I would recommend however just using a guitar pro tab it helps a lot.
ok i think this goes a bit off topic but, how does guitar pro help you learn any better than a normal tab?
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Guitar Pro plays the tab for you... so you can hear the timing and the pitches.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
Guitar Pro plays the tab for you... so you can hear the timing and the pitches.

Plus it has a speed trainer, which is a great tool.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Or, you could just learn it by ear.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by thisdude
i dont like watching videos to learn myself, i just see the tabs here, and if it doesent work(timing issues, problem hearing notes) i download a guitar pro version, and learn. recommend this to you.

Yeah i've tried just using tabs to learn but i learn better from being shown. I just can't seem to understand tabs well enough its kinda frustrating. Does guitar pro actually show how to play each note?
Quote by AngrySockMonkey

I second this.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey

You will benefit more by learning it this way.