Poll: Would you watch a live stream of war?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you watch a live stream of war?
Yes
65 63%
No
38 37%
Voters: 103.
Of course I would
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Dude, I watched Kosovo being bombed into the Stone Age live in 97, when I was five, I watched Afghanistan get crushed on live telly when I was ten and I watched Baghdad go up in flames on live telly when I was eleven.

I say, give me the popcorn for Russia vs Georgia.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
yess, hell yess!!, i would record that sh*t
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory
ofc! make a bet with my friends who wud win XD like a boxing match or sumfing!

liam u hv a cool name
There isn't much to see from the sidelines in modern warfare.

They'll shell the shit out of each other from a distance until one side stops.
hmmm...bud dwey shot himself in the head on camera. You can find it if you search the web
by watch, do you mean steal a chair, go ontop of a tall building and watch? if so then yes i would
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
Quote by freedoms_stain

They should send Ross Kemp in, he'll give us the frontline view.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
im just fed up wituh wars in general
and the fact that other peoples armys have to go in and sort them out
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Wars suck these days. In terms of glitz and glamour.

Back in the old days soldiers stood in a line a shot the hell out of each other.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
It'd be boring as ****, so no.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
gimme some popcorn and some belgian midgets to entertain me during intermissions and i'll watch anything
Quote by freddaahh

or chuck norris
Quote by SilentSounds
gimme some popcorn and some belgian midgets to entertain me during intermissions and i'll watch anything

lol tht was random ... u made me laf out loud in a very busy internet cafe
Quote by freedoms_stain

mate wtf do u know about war? its always changing and the enemy adapts. What your talking about sounds like WW1 to me. Im not sayign i know anyting about war, only the men and women that have fought in it know, but its not as simple as u put it.
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
Quote by breadstick
WTF is with you people? War is not something to be enjoyed.

Yes it is:

Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Wars aren't really that exciting. Modern weaponry has got to be responsible for some of the most dullest wars in history. I wish people went back to using swords and spears e.t.c. Or maybe develop new weapons with which you can rip people apart by summoning a black hole or something. I wouldn't mind fighting in a war using black holes. Might be a cool way to die. I really want to experience what being in a black hole is like.

Maybe if there was nothing else on TV I'd watch it, but I'd rather watch anime.
in the bear and the dragon (clancy) they used it as propaganda between russi and china...

sorry...that was incredibly...nerdy...
Quote by freddaahh

and yes I would.
Hell no.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I'd watch it if one side were armed with gravity guns...
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by Freddy_Walker
mate wtf do u know about war? its always changing and the enemy adapts. What your talking about sounds like WW1 to me. Im not sayign i know anyting about war, only the men and women that have fought in it know, but its not as simple as u put it.
I know what's happened in every armed conflict between developed nations in the last 50 years.

They shell each other until one stops, then they send in the ground troops into the urban areas, but from the side lines it just looks like shelling, shelling, bombing, more shelling, bombing. etc etc.
Fact is, a live feed in a war would be mostly incredibly boring. Unless you had many live feeds coming from cameras mounted on soldiers helmets, and those remote-controlled recconaissance planes and stuff.
But more than likely, you'd get a week of jack sh*t happening, and then you'd hear a couple of explosions, and then the feed would go dead, because cameramen and media types really shouldn't be there. Combat is no place for non-combatants.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Can we get back to singing the song, please?

The good bit has been done.
I think we should instead discuss best how to make war into a proper media event.
Quote by MightyAl
The good bit has been done.
I think we should instead discuss best how to make war into a proper media event.

Make it seem glamorous?
Portray our boys as the last stand against the ultimate evil?
Images of families and children of soldiers are always good.
No thank you. I don't like to see soldiers kill other people for their masters own amusement and interest.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by LiamBamBam
ofc! make a bet with my friends who wud win XD like a boxing match or sumfing!

liam u hv a cool name

I don't think you understand quite how serious war is?

No way would I watch it.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Make it seem glamorous?
Portray our boys as the last stand against the ultimate evil?
Images of families and children of soldiers are always good.

I was thinking more like a reality TV show. You could have phone ins to decide whether you hold your ground or retreat; counter attack or dig in; open up a second front.
That sort of thing. Who needs actual generals when you have unemployed people sh*t faced on cheap cider?
Quote by MightyAl
I was thinking more like a reality TV show. You could have phone ins to decide whether you hold your ground or retreat; counter attack or dig in; open up a second front.
That sort of thing. Who needs actual generals when you have unemployed people sh*t faced on cheap cider?

Greatist idea Ever?

El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny
Greatist idea Ever?

I should copyright it before Rupert Murdoch sees it.
Quote by MightyAl
Fact is, a live feed in a war would be mostly incredibly boring. Unless you had many live feeds coming from cameras mounted on soldiers helmets, and those remote-controlled recconaissance planes and stuff.
But more than likely, you'd get a week of jack sh*t happening, and then you'd hear a couple of explosions, and then the feed would go dead, because cameramen and media types really shouldn't be there. Combat is no place for non-combatants.

Ah yes, but the question was: "Would you watch a live stream of war?"
Not 'would you watch a live stream of nothing happening?'
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Quote by Slooj
Ah yes, but the question was: "Would you watch a live stream of war?"
Not 'would you watch a live stream of nothing happening?'

Yes, and even in a really big war, there isn't always fighting. There is very often nothing happening(at least, nothing that's exciting to watch, anyway).
I mean, most of it would be like "after this next commercial break, the soldiers of 5 platoon find out if they've been landed with menu C ration packs - AGAIN!!!!".
We could send some carboard boxes over.
Everytime a soldier does something with a cardboard box, Hell itself tends to break loose.
Quote by MightyAl

+1
**** generals.
Cider>Generals
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i would super seriouslly love that phone in reality Tv thing.
And then when we needed drama we could starve the troops, and then make the audience decide which one of the soldiers they should all eat first.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.