Hey guys, I’m posting on behalf of my electronica band, Auteur Theory. We are looking for someone to do an acoustic cover of one of our songs. We are only looking for a quick video (you know the kind you see all over youtube of people sat a their pc’s playing their guitars!)

The song itself is quite simple, just two chords throughout and some easy lyrics to go with them. Obviously the original is house/dance tune, but was composed mainly on guitar so should switch over pretty easily.

In terms of what we are looking for we are pretty open really. All we are gonna specify is that you can still recognise the song, other than that you can play around with it as much as you like, you can add sections, take bits out, mess around with the lyrics or whatever – treat it like a remix on guitar! Obviously we would still like the vocals left in, so it’ll help if you can sing, but again feel free to mess around with them too!

In terms of payment to begin with we can really only offer exposure as we will promote the video, so it’ll be a chance to get your name out there a little bit more. However, if we really like what you’ve done and you’re able to record an audio version then we will include your version on an up-coming remix album that will be featured on iTunes and you will be paid for this.

So, on with the song. It’s called ‘Lucid Dreams’, and you can listen/download the original here:
link

The chords are simply B and G.

The lyrics are as follows:

Why should I feel this way?
When the old meets the new
In a world of moving walls
The sweetness...
Bitterness takes hold
Though you cannot know it

Now you know it

Find your own way
Twisting and turning
The way you want
In control
Finding that perfect emotion
Fighting not to lose it

Don't forget
Don't Forget
Don't Forget
Don't forget to remember me

If you have any questions you can get in touch by replying to this thread, sending me a PM or emailing: auteurtheoryonline [at] gmail.com - or to find out more abuot us you can visit our official site www.auteurtheoryonline.com.

When you’re done you can upload your video to the web and send us the address, or if it’s small enough email it over to the email address given – or get in touch to discuss other ways if you’d like.

Thanks for reading and we hope someone will be interested enough to have a go
Last edited by spud_in_disguis at Aug 9, 2008,
Lol your song is awesome. Super deep vocals man.
Baby, can you dig your man?
He's a righteous man,
Baby, can you dig your man?

- Larry Underwood
It's not really my kind of music, but I think I'll have a crack at it
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
When do you need it by and where are you from?

EDIT: Meh, I've just listened to the song and tbh, I didn't like it that much. I kept expecting it to build to a faster drum and bass thing, and then it didn't. So I'm not really that interested. Sorry.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Aug 9, 2008,
break-me-in - no worries man, if it's not for you it's not for you. Remember though you can make it into whatever style you want. But still, thanks for checking it out anyway.

StrayCatBlues - great, let me know how you get on
I'm gonna have a listen...may give it a go depending on how it sounds
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by spud_in_disguis
break-me-in - no worries man, if it's not for you it's not for you. Remember though you can make it into whatever style you want. But still, thanks for checking it out anyway.

StrayCatBlues - great, let me know how you get on

I'll PM you when it's finished (:
I'll have it with you by the end of the weekend.

Just out of interest, what's it for?
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Well, ultimately we'd love to be able to release an acoustic version or two of our songs because as musicians we do not just like electronic music. But before we get that far we thought it would be fun to see what people would come up with, and this is pretty much the quickest and easiest way we could think to do that.

Aside from that it will probably be quite good for general promotion of our music. I hope that answers your question.

whatamidoinhere - how did you like it?
Quote by spud_in_disguis
whatamidoinhere - how did you like it?

Sorry, was havin my tea

I think it's pretty cool...I would give it a go but I'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow so I dunno if I'll have the time

If i have any decent ideas by the time I get back, I'll put them together and show you if that's not too late

Are you planning on playing this version yourselves at some point?

Last edited by whatamidoinhere at Aug 9, 2008,
Yeah that's fine, a week will be ok.

How do you mean playing this version? We won't be physically recreating it on guitar no - and it's doubtful we will play it in a set as we have no shows lined up...
Oh that's alright then...I'll go a bit mental on it then maybe

If I can take my guitar on holiday, then I should be able to get something together

Time doesn't matter too much. Obviously it'd be good to get it asap, but if you wanna take a little time over it and get some solid ideas that's fine.

How are you all doing with your ideas?
I've wrote something, and I'm proud of it, only problem is I don't have an acoustic guitar, I only have a clean electric =(
I did send you a PM, but just so everyone else knows, clean electric is absolutely fine

How are you all getting on anyway?
Lol, it'd still be cool to hear it As long as you haven't just pressed the play button then it can't be exactly the same
I started listening to the song and it's really not my sort of thing, and i only listened to about a minute in before picking up a guitar and just jamming what i would do with the 2 chords and vocals without basing it off yours very much at all. Maybe i'll record it tomorrow and you can see what you think.

e: think it might be Bm G as well
Last edited by alexmonty12 at Aug 11, 2008,
to TS, i'm sure you'd get more responses if you offered at least a LITTLE cash. I mean, 10 bucks or whatever would still be enough to get me and more people to try this. but for free? naah
I agree on Bm and G. pretty much certain.

I might see what i can do but i can't sing for bingo money and i'm having trouble fitting the lyrics to a regular chord progression. might have to mix it up a little bit to fit.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Sure mate! Mix it up all you want! Again, as long as you can still tell what the song is, have some fun with it
Quote by break-me-in
When do you need it by and where are you from?

EDIT: Meh, I've just listened to the song and tbh, I didn't like it that much. I kept expecting it to build to a faster drum and bass thing, and then it didn't. So I'm not really that interested. Sorry.

I read your edit, and immediately thought the same, but with an Aphex Twin jist to it. I sincerely doubt there is a drummer that could physically play what I imagine though.

On topic, if I had the time and the means to completely redo the track I would. I seem to have the ability to hear a song and think of ways to improve (IMO) it.
Well, I'm not too much of a singer.. but what if I did a cool guitar part.. could you do the vocals over it?