And it was a loud shuddering rustle
that I felt everywhere

And then I wished I had
better control over where
my eyebrows go when I relax
my face muscles because I
didn't want to give you
a dirty look accidentally
i very much enjoyed that. really liked the way the observations/percepetions were described.

a couple things...

the "flat beady eyes..." bit seemed slightly jarring at first, and also a bit separate from the rest of the piece, but i did like the idea, so meh dunno what you should do with that.

the piece also seemed in two halves, one half is the test/from your head on the desk, to the part about the rustling of your hair. this wasn't a problem/i didn't notice this the first time i read it. only the second, when i started again, i thought the beginning part seemed a bit disconnected from the second. i didn't like the transition from:

"ACME painted on the side" to "And my fingers..". felt a bit clumsy on second read.

i guess that might have been your intention though, the title made me think the piece was meant to read a bit like a trailing off in a daydream-esque journey.
only minor grievances though. i liked the style and tone of the piece alot.
if you get a chance to take a look at mine in my sig, that'd be boss.

edit: oh and one more bit, the "chased by the coyote, which is my hair" read badly. i know the voice of the piece seemed slightly lackadaisical, but it still bothered me a little.
Last edited by sleep sickness at Aug 9, 2008,
Thanks to both of you for reading and replying.

Sleep sickness, you pretty much nailed it. I had originally written this as a freewrite, and ended up not being able to do anything with that first half, so I just left it the way it was. It seemed a suitable transition. The mind does tend to wander when one takes tests.