Hey all. I have been doing a lot of guitar shopping lately and pretty much have my mind set on the RG1570 Prestige.

I really want the Black Suede Finish. It looks sweet to me (I do not like flashy guitars ), and as wierd as it sounds, I really like how it feels on my skin compared to the normal "glossy" finish most guitars have.

Anyways, the one question/concern I have is if this suede finish scratches or damages easy compared to a glossy finish. By just the way it feels to me, I think It would be quite durable, but I may be wrong.

Also, is cleaning as easy, seeing how you cannot get the guitar wet?

Thanks everyone, AngrySockMonkey
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by tortex199
Having a black guitar is going to be a bitch, you can see everything on it

not matte black.

the only reason you can see everything on a black guitar is the imperfection of the reflection.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah, I don't plan on doing anything to get it dirty.. it's quite an expensive guitar, to me at least. I just want to know if it's as dingable as other guitars.
well basswood is a soft wood so it is liable to get dented etc. but that'd happen regardless of the finish.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I saw the red version of this is mansons today and it looked lush.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Yeah, it's a sweet looking guitar man. I'm going to get it regardless anyway haha, probably end up changing the pickups when I get enough money also.

I just want to know If I need like something special to clean it, and if I chip it, am I screwed?
well the red looks like it wouldn't chip very easily but i have no idea about the other colours. but yeh its really nice
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I have the mirage blue one, and i can tell you the matte black version is just as durable as the glossy ones, But either way basswood is going to dent pretty easily. Theres already a dent in mine, after about 3 months of having it

Excelent guitar (minus the pickups lol)
To clean it, just get yourself some Jim Dunlop Guitar polish, that'll be fine.

Basswood is easy to chip but as long as you're careful it'll be fine. The layers of paint they put on are quite thick anyway so you're unlikely to go down to the wood.
Okay, thanks guys. Just to verify, will this Guitar Polish will still work on a Matte finish, like the one I am likely buying (it feels rubbery, apposed to the smooth glossy finish on most guitars)?
I think so yes... don't quote me on it though, because I'm not 100% sure.

*Checks Dunlop site*

Have a look at this instead. It says it works on all popular guitar finishes, so you might be better off with that. But to be honest, if its matte, you won't need to clean it very often.
my friend has a matte black ibanex (rg of some kind)
and its literally buffed to a gloss finished around the picking area