The other day I pulled out an old strat body and played around with it and this is what I came up with.

The tape holds the place of the binding, so don't worry about that. Next step is to laquer it. I have ordered a nice fender bridge, and a pickgaurd (white, S/S/S). Once i get everything together I will order the electronics and neck. My question is where should i buy the neck from? Warmoth seems a bit expensive for a guitar like this. The neck needs to have a roserood fretboard, and has to be pretty thick. I can post pics when I get more finished if you guys want.
And, yes there are some rough spots in the design and elsewhere but i will get those sorted out.

An estimate of the final product.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Last edited by FendermanOC at Aug 9, 2008,
Nice!!!

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Sweet, dude!

As far as necks go, they are the most important part of any guitar, in my opinion.

keep that in mind, don't skimp.

Great job, man.
I wouldn't even be able to begin to work out how you did somit so complicated as that paint job dude. That rocks.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Mighty Mite neck?
You can get them on ebay for under 100 dollars.

The design is amazing though. Really nice job.
Thanks for the kind words guys. Ill check out Mighty Mite. I didn't plan on putting a design on the fretboard, what design were thinking of? Did you mean like the inlays on a JEM or something?
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Ahhhhhhh nooo don't do JEM inlays on a Jimi strat. They're much too cheesy. Just go with the normal dots.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Lol, no I wasn't planning on doing JEM inlays, I think they are pretty cheesy as well. Just a simple fender type rosewood neck.

Its a large decal of some sorts..

Right around the middle pickup area on the lower side you can see a clear line.

Also if you follow the line up towards the cavity you will see the decal, paper peeling off.

There is also a line going down the middle.
The design is something i had laying around that was printed on heavy fabric-like paper. It isn't peeling off, i just cut that end because the wood angles down, and the pickgaurd will cover it. Like I said there are some rough spots here and there but like I said I only just did this yesterday. Most visible mistakes will be fixed before i laquer it, although i cannot fix the line at the middle of the bridge cavity, its just where the paper ended.

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, and any difference in color should be mostly covered by the laquer. Whatever I decide, I will post more pictures tommorow probably when I get more done.
Thanks for the help.

u should get a lefty guitar and turn it over
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Important note about the white-out: It'll darken much faster than the paper. IDK if you'd want to do it. It'll prolly be fine with lacquer on it, though, b/c then the white-out/paper will no longer be exposed to the 'elements' and shouldn't age much, if at all.