As the title says, I'm looking to get a couple of good high quality 20 foot cables or longer. At the moment I'm using the Fender California wires which are pretty good and a few others like Stagg that has died after a few months.

I live in Malta so I guess the options are not too great.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks

1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Don't know what you can possibly buy there, but try looking for George L, Monster, Planet Waves. Or buy some high quality cable and jacks and do it yourself.
Planet Waves cables are ftw... I use them myself. got one of 15 meters.. (idk how many foot it is)
Had no problems with it since I bought them (2 years)
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
another vote for PW cables.

I actually have a 5' Fender California Cable and its been working for 2 years now, I also wind it up at the end of each day.

I have a lot of cheaper cables for guitar, and I dont have a single complaint about any of them...yet...
Quote by Goldenglove
Don't know what you can possibly buy there, but try looking for George L, Monster, Planet Waves. Or buy some high quality cable and jacks and do it yourself.

The Planet waves and Monster cables I can get on line from Germany
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I would say Planet Waves, Monster Cable or Van Damme. They're all good quality and should last long. Mind, Van Damme is a bit more procy than PW or MC.
PW or Monster FTW.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by AdamDK
I would say Planet Waves, Monster Cable or Van Damme. They're all good quality and should last long. Mind, Van Damme is a bit more procy than PW or MC.

not if you go with cleartone! van damme cable, neutrik jacks, about £7 for a 10 foot lead. they utterly destroy my planet waves cables, for about one-third the price.

i don't know if they ship to malta or not (it'd be worth an email, with any luck they do), but if they do, i'd go with cleartone. good tone (much better than, as i said, planet waves and similar cables), amazing value, custom made to the lengths you want and with the style of jacks you want. it's win-win.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I guess if my cables ever break down, I should check out Cleartone then. Are the prices UK or US? Because they seem awesome whatever they are. I payed £4.95 for a 20 foot cable the other week, and it is good, but will probably down after a bit of wear. On there, it is 6.95 + shipping for a 20 foot right-angled jack cable. Awesome find Dave!
^ i didn't find them, the bareknuckle forum people did. i have to admit i was a little sceptical (i expected a difference, just quite a subtle one), but i'm a convert now.

if you have any spare money lying around, i'd seriously consider getting some even if your current cables are still working- the difference they made to my rig was of a similar magnitude to a pickup swap. my valve junior actually has some sparkle now, believe it or not!

the prices are UK £, they're based in the UK. There's £3 postage on orders under £50, and £8 over £50 (you just order twice, lol, if your order is between £50 and £100, as mine was).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the prices are UK £, they're based in the UK. There's £3 postage on orders under £50, and £8 over £50 (you just order twice, lol, if your order is between £50 and £100, as mine was).

You ordered between £50 and £100 of cables
haha, yeah, i have all my fx loop cables, a couple of speaker cables, couple of patch cables, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Oh right. I don't use the FX loop on my DSL. I guess I should buy another couple of leads for it then. What size you think is needed to reach the FX Loop jacks at the back of the amp, and my pedalboard at the front?

And as for patch cables, they came with my pedalboard

(Picture below shows distance between amp and pedals)

Quote by Highwaytohell
Mogami...

Never used them but I've read about a few different guitarist using them (via Guitar World mag) and they claim they are really good cables.

I personally use Monster and DiMarzio. They are both really great brands and I recommend them to anyone looking for a cable!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i didn't find them, the bareknuckle forum people did. i have to admit i was a little sceptical (i expected a difference, just quite a subtle one), but i'm a convert now.

if you have any spare money lying around, i'd seriously consider getting some even if your current cables are still working- the difference they made to my rig was of a similar magnitude to a pickup swap. my valve junior actually has some sparkle now, believe it or not!

Im sure ill get one soon! :P What exactly were the audible differences when you used this cable rather than a standard low quality one, other than perhaps less noise?
Quote by AdamDK
^ Oh right. I don't use the FX loop on my DSL. I guess I should buy another couple of leads for it then. What size you think is needed to reach the FX Loop jacks at the back of the amp, and my pedalboard at the front?

And as for patch cables, they came with my pedalboard

(Picture below shows distance between amp and pedals)

i'd probably just measure it with a tape measure. i think i went for 3 metre for my fx loop leads; you might get away with 2 metre since you have a combo.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by vitchb
Im sure ill get one soon! :P What exactly were the audible differences when you used this cable rather than a standard low quality one, other than perhaps less noise?

just generally more sparkle, a clearer, less muffled sound, and more sweetness all round. A bit less fizz too, and the speaker cables tamed a bit of fizz and harshness as well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?