I'm looking for a Jackson Soloist (SL1, SL2, or SL3, doesn't matter), but there are so many off models. I've seen SL2H, SL2H-Mah, SL2HT, SL2H-MAHQ, SLSMG, SL1T.

What's with all the different models? I'd hate to get a jackson that's one of these models (or perhaps not one of these models) and have it not be as good as everyone says it is.

Thanks,

-Gardon
I'm not a Jackson know-it-all, but I'm pretty sure if 'T' is in the model name e.g. SL1T, it's a hardtail guitar. Regarding the SLSMG and SL3, they are both Japanese models and not as well built as the USA models which the SL2 and SL1 are.

I think.
SL2H-standard 2 humbucker soloist
Sl2H MAH-mahogany body/maple top 2 humbucker soloist
SL2HT Non-trem standard 2 humbucker soloist
SL2H MAHQ- quilt top SL2H MAH
SLSMG Superlight soloist (MG series, Japan Made). EMG 81(b)/85(n)
SL1T Standard SL1, no trem. HSS pickup arrangement
SL3 Pro Series Soloist, HHH pickup arrangement (2 hot rails for neck and middle, JB for bridge)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
what the guy above said, except that even though the SL3 is HHH, the 2 hotrails are very bright and do excellent cleans, so they are pretty much like single coils