ok i have a couple of questions
1) how do you form a sweep out of a barre chord someone said this in a previous thread i had about this but it was never clarified
2) what pedals do you need in order to have nearly no feedback when ou do sweeping and two hand tapping. i can sweep clean but i get to much back noise when i do it what i have it set to currently is neck pickup is off bridge pickup is 10 and tone is ten. nd my amp is on its gin channelwith gain at about 7, mid at about 4-5, bass at around4-7 i cant really remeber, and tone is at 7-9. s how should i set this up to get little to no feedback
3) wil string gauge affect my sweeping at all im in standard with the original strings so i guess .10 (smallest) is hat they would be in theset of so wil gauge make a diference
thanks to anyone who hlps and if somethin isnt clarified just say so and ill try to clarify because it will help me so wont have a problem with it
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
1) you just have to use one finger and try to kinda roll it across the fretboard so that you don't fret the all the notes until you play them
2) i don't use any pedals, just practice and try to mute the strings you don't play, maybe a little less distortion will help, too
3) it's easier to sweep with a lighter string gauge, but sometimes the string will "wobble" away
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
1. learn 3 string arpeggios in 1st adn 3rd inversions those are the easiest to learn at first.
2. If you have feedback it means you're making it, it's not the amp. practice them slow and consistent before speeding them up because if you're trying to get them up to speed now when just starting you will probably be making lots of mistakes.
3. When you learn how to sweep you should be able to do it on any guitar of any string gauge or make.
4. NO amount of equipment will make you be able to sweep pick better. It sounds like you are blaming your equipment on the fact you can't sweep.

it wont come over night, practice slow to a metronome for days.
Quote by DimeDarrell666
1) you just have to use one finger and try to kinda roll it across the fretboard so that you don't fret the all the notes until you play them
2) i don't use any pedals, just practice and try to mute the strings you don't play, maybe a little less distortion will help, too
3) it's easier to sweep with a lighter string gauge, but sometimes the string will "wobble" away

for your #1 im confused, and it might be agood thing o add im not good at rolling either i cant do it consiously like i can only do itif im not trying to do it and when i try to i screw up.
anyways i think i worte my 1 wrong, what i meant to say was when you have a barre chord how does that turn into a sweep becuase i think ive doen it wrong
but i dont think thats right so what exacl do they look like when written.

Quote by Mullen2105
1. learn 3 string arpeggios in 1st adn 3rd inversions those are the easiest to learn at first.
2. If you have feedback it means you're making it, it's not the amp. practice them slow and consistent before speeding them up because if you're trying to get them up to speed now when just starting you will probably be making lots of mistakes.
3. When you learn how to sweep you should be able to do it on any guitar of any string gauge or make.
4. NO amount of equipment will make you be able to sweep pick better. It sounds like you are blaming your equipment on the fact you can't sweep.

it wont come over night, practice slow to a metronome for days.

i have antother thread on this i made yesterday that i should probally link so you know everything i can do so i think ill do that in a few secs but firstly, how does one use a metronome because ive never really used one, even when i use powetab that has the back beats to it i dont use that ( i think it applies to being able to read music which i cant) i just play off of how i know the song i dont know beats per measure i just know it should sound a certain way and play it that way. and i didnt mean to sound like im blaming it on the amp im not. i just thought there was a setup that could make it even more clean so i understand why you think i was blaming it on the othersources and not my playing my bad anyways ill post the link to the old thread in a sec
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Aug 9, 2008,

this is ok, when you sweep, you play an arpeggiated chord, which means you play the notes of that chord one after another
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
I would use your neck pup as opposed to your bridge. You will get a smoother sound.