What's the difference between a 500 dollar guitar and a 15000 dollar guitar?

I'm a beginner, so I probably wouldn't know about this till I've had way more experience than I do now (but you advanced players don't have to give me **** for it ok). I just wanna know what affects the price of a guitar, whether buying something more expensive will affect my sound, and how cheap or expensive they get. I have searched all over this site for something that could shed light, but I'm stumped, so could you please help a fella out without giving him **** for being a beginner?
MightyAl beat me to it. but i guess the more expensive one is better, in my experience you get what you pay for with guitars.
$14500
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
1- Wrong Forum

2- There's a ton of factors that come in a guitar's price. The biggest difference is probably going from like 300-400$ guitars to 1000-1500$ ones. After that, it's pretty much just rarity, the company's reputation or other stuff like that. It's probably some overpriced artist signature guitar or something. A decent 1000$ guitar will probably have a neck construction other than bolt-on (unless you want bolt-on), better woods, better electronics (pickups and general wiring), brand name bridges and tuning pegs. Most of all, it's going to have a better build quality and quality control too.

::Edit:: Pretty much like SilentSounds said, but past a certain point, it's just overkill.
Last edited by XnaySaturo at Aug 9, 2008,
Wood,Pick-ups,wiring,neck,frets,...overall better material and more attention to detail.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
But in all seriousness, in general, a more expensive guitar will be made from 'better' materials, have a higher quality of workmanship in its construction and assembly and sound 'better'.
Though it should be noted that 'better' is subjective, and will vary depending on precisely what you want from the guitar.
Quote by XnaySaturo
1- Wrong Forum

2- There's a ton of factors that come in a guitar's price. The biggest difference is probably going from like 300-400$ guitars to 1000-1500$ ones. After that, it's pretty much just rarity, the company's reputation or other stuff like that. It's probably some overpriced artist signature guitar or something. A decent 1000$ guitar will probably have a neck construction other than bolt-on (unless you want bolt-on), better woods, better electronics (pickups and general wiring), brand name bridges and tuning pegs. Most of all, it's going to have a better build quality and quality control too.

wrong forum? which one should i have put it in? sorry, i'm not good with internet stuff i don't spend too much time unless i really really have a question.
Yeah, I usually hate people saying "wrong forum" and stuff. I guess I got influenced by the annoying people here :P

The best forum would've been lower on the list, under Electric Guitar
Quote by XnaySaturo
Yeah, I usually hate people saying "wrong forum" and stuff. I guess I got influenced by the annoying people here :P

The best forum would've been lower on the list, under Electric Guitar

oh... wow i feel stupid. this was the quickest since most people check this forum out, and they'll see this thread whether they want to or not and they'll have to answer it since they're bored and have nothing better to do.

plus i'm too lazy to actually look for the right forum.
Also might be a difference in where it's made (fender has MIM (made in mexico), MIA (made in america), and probably others for different guitars).
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by guitardreams
oh... wow i feel stupid. this was the quickest since most people check this forum out, and they'll see this thread whether they want to or not and they'll have to answer it since they're bored and have nothing better to do.

plus i'm too lazy to actually look for the right forum.

This is why our worl is turning to ****. People are too damn lazy to do anything for themselves.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.