hey guys im 14 and have been playing for 6 months. im fairly decent, but im not shure if i should try to form/get into a band yet. how long should i play before i should consider that?
Whenever you want to. Starting early is a good thing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
As soon as you like. Playing with other people is a great way to learn.
Yeah its good as soon as possible as long as you dont try to pass yourself off as an amazing guitarist when you're not
Matters what you want to play I suppose. You could get away playing rock, seeing as a semi-retarded person could play some of the riffs ACDC and bands like them have come up with.

Really though, if you find people around your level of playing, get a band together! It's good experience and you will all get better as a group, and hopefully become alot better one day.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Starting early is a good idea in my mind.
But like what StonaLemons said, you dont want to make everyone think you're a great guitarist when in reality, you're not at that level yet.
Gear:

Ernie Ball/Musicman Stingray HH
Schecter Model T
GK 1001RB
2 GK 4X10 GLX
BP-50 Bass Effect Pedal
When you can play at least 5 song completely. Then you're ready, but earlier if you feel like you can.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I've been in a couple bands when i was around your age and it didn't work out well due to the immaturity of the other guitarist. make sure whoever you decide to share your rock with is at the maturity level to handle it
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
look around your town...i would assume you go to school. that whee i found the people i play with now
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Make sure you can handle other people/you're not starting a band with a bunch of retards who won't even show up for practice (The latter I've experienced).

Other than that, go for it.
Before my current band that actually got "success" and plays shows and stuff I was in a few grunge bands with my buddies, fun time, we never got to play shows but we got to jam and stuff, it was a great time.

The point of my story, is go for it. If it fails, so what? Just have fun.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120