Today is my birthday, and I am just getting money.

I am spending it on an amp. But I won't have all the money just from my birthday.

I am looking at 2 amps here.

Traynor YCV50 blue
Orange Tiny Terror

The TT might be a bit small for my needs, it's more expensive as well. I love the tone, but I doubt the power.

I don't like the tone of the Traynor quite as much, but it's probably the better deal. I've heard great things about it, and I think it would be more than enough power for me.

I would like to spend the least amount of money possible, but I am almost willing to lack versatility, and power for the tone that I really have been searching for.

I need UG's opinion on the better buy. I don't want to waste money.

I play classic rock, blues, metal, and shred. I also enjoy good cleans sometimes.

Help is appreciated once again.
Quote by AdamDK
Budget?

I can't spend over $750 I suppose. (US)

I would definitely prefer to spend less.
Right then.

Randal RG50TC 50watt 1x12 - This could easily solve your metal and shred needs, and could probably do classic rock, but won't sound as vintage for classic rock as other amps might.

Laney VC-15 1x10 15 watt combo - This one will nail your classic rock tones and blues tones bang on, but you'll need an OD pedal to boost it to get some decent metal tones (At most I'd say thrash tones)

The Tiny Terror would do your blues and classic rock fine, but would again need a decent OD to push it into metal/shred territories.
Quote by AdamDK
Oh and,

Happy Birthday

Thanks man!

Anyway, do you have any opinions on the amps I listed?

That Randall is too metal for me, considering I am mainly a Classic Rock, and blues player. I like the Orange tone, and I think that a Marshall type tone would suit my needs as well, that's why I was after the Traynor.

And by the way, I am not a fan of Classic 30's.
Happy Birthday!

I haven't played through the traynor, so I'm no help.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i'd have said that the traynor probably wins on bang for buck... if you're in the USA, orange is going to be relatively expensive for what you get. if you prefer the tone, though, you might be willing to pay extra to get it. EDIT: i haven't tried the traynor ycv 50, just the 20 and 40.

i agree, the randall is too metal.

a kustom coupe might be worth a try, as well as the traynor and orange.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd have said that the traynor probably wins on bang for buck... if you're in the USA, orange is going to be relatively expensive for what you get. if you prefer the tone, though, you might be willing to pay extra to get it. EDIT: i haven't tried the traynor ycv 50, just the 20 and 40.

i agree, the randall is too metal.

a kustom coupe might be worth a try, as well as the traynor and orange.

Is the YCV 50 close to the 20 and 40? I need a good stereo sound demo of it. Youtube doesn't do it justice.
i hear the 50 is more marshally. Certainly the 40 and 20 i tried sounded quite different- the 40 more fendery, the 20 a little voxy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?