EDIT: solved now, thanks

I'm trying to powertab this song out myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKqIrMNv0yY

aaand I'm getting pissed cause I can't get the intro strumming part to sound like the song. I can play this part, but I can't put it down into music.

I can't tell if its my tempo thats off or the note durations

I would have assumed it to be one quarter note followed by 16th notes in 4/4 time. But it sounds too mechanical when I play it back.

When it switch it to 8th notes it sound right but just like its missing every other note. Soooo wth am I doing wrong here

The 3 note lead in is giving me trouble too. How the heck does that fit in with the timing?

Also is the key E-major?

The gp5 file is attached. I exported it from tuxguitar so hopefully it came out okay.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Aug 9, 2008,
For the strumming i bumped the tempo up to 170 and it sounds alot better (im using GP5 not powertab). As for the into it sound fine to me.

For future reference these kinds of threads probably belong in the Tab Talk forum

Edit: Oh also the first eighth note on the fourth bar has an 11 that does not belong.
Last edited by Flow of soul at Aug 9, 2008,
the first bar is wrong. those first notes are played exactly before the octavated notes begin.
but other than that it's pretty ok. it's probably the drums rhythm that you think is lacking
I got it guys! thanks.

tempo change was a big help.

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Last edited by mlfarrell at Aug 9, 2008,
Thanks to one of the better tabs for this song on this site, this is going quite smoothly now.

All the way up to first chorus:
Attachments:
adelaid.gp5.zip

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112