I just spent a week downloading these high quality FLACs of The Doors "Waiting for the Sun". Now when I go to burn them in Winamp (with a FLAC plugin) it says it can't find the decoder. WTF? Is there any way I can fix this?
Google...it's your friend...unlike Canadia...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Dionietzsche
I just spent a week downloading these high quality FLACs of The Doors "Waiting for the Sun". Now when I go to burn them in Winamp (with a FLAC plugin) it says it can't find the decoder. WTF? Is there any way I can fix this?

The Fassa thing and now this?

Marry me/civil partnership.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
download somthing called .flac frontend its software that decodes flac files. you find the flac file on the computer and drag them over to the decoder and it decodes them to mp3 after a few minutes.
IIRC you can't burn .FLAC files directly with winamp.

you have to get a plugin which converts them to .wav and then you can burn those to disc.

or you can get nero platinum executive something or other.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Buy the album.

Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by Retro Rocker
It's true, there is a way.

...I'll buy you a hooker if you show me. And I don't mean pay for you to have sex with her, she will be yours my friend. I don't even know what I'm looking for! I've been able to burn FLACs before, why not now?

Quote by GnR_ROK
The Fassa thing and now this?

Marry me/civil partnership.

Second time I've been proposed to here, so you'll have to live with me and my wife-to-be I say we should skip the marriage and start a Dionysian sex commune, its a lot more convenient.

IIRC you can't burn .FLAC files directly with winamp.

you have to get a plugin which converts them to .wav and then you can burn those to disc.

or you can get nero platinum executive something or other.

But I have the plugin! At least, a plugin, I don't know if its the one your talking about
It works for legal files only.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by MV4824
Yeah foobar rules.. I was listen to a NIN song in 3000something k/ps the other day with it.
I bet you could really hear the difference
Quote by MV4824
This is what you do:

1) Download Audacity

2) Record the songs

3) Export as .mp3

4) Cry in the corner, because you just butchered lossless audio to lossy :P

Thats probably what I'll end up doing
I don't even have time for this now, thanks dudes
Quote by I Am Jack!
download foobar, it has a burn cd option and plays FLAC

but you can't burn .flac files to CD IIRC.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/09/26/how-to-burn-an-audio-cd-from-flac-files-in-windows/

I assume this is what you looked at?

that worked for me. maybe try redownloading the plugin and installing it again.

I had a plug-in the automatically converted the file and burned it through winamp, a one step process. I have no idea where it came from though, cause I can't find anything like it now.

I followed the steps in that link but the plugin wasn't working so I reinstalled winamp and it seemed to work. But the WAVs it created don't work, I can't even listen to them. And now, to make it worse, I can't figure out how to get winamp to just play files, all it does is encode them to faulty waves now! Help! Please!
"Once Winamp is done decoding the files, make sure to set the Plug-ins -> Output back to DirectSound output, or the next time you try to play a file using Winamp, it will decode that file instead. "

also try to play the .wav files after you've reset the output settings.

Quote by element4433
gutted, don't know what else you can do.

do you have any other disc burning software on your pc? e.g nero, alcohol120% etc.

you could try making an audio disc with one of those, you might get lucky, that guide's 2 years old so newer software should be able to do it.

Quote by element4433
Quote by crackhutch
Google...it's your friend...unlike America...

fixd.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Lemoninfluence
gutted, don't know what else you can do.

do you have any other disc burning software on your pc? e.g nero, alcohol120% etc.

you could try making an audio disc with one of those, you might get lucky, that guide's 2 years old so newer software should be able to do it.

Alright, its seems to be working with Windows Media Player. Seriously thanks, I was expecting a bunch of posts about how computer illiterate I am (well deserved ones, of course).