okay so...first of all idk if this is the right forum but anyway.
Lately I've been taking singing lessons so my voice got lots higher.
Today I tried to sing the part in song Josie by blink 182 that tom yells ''I know that everything''.
Yeah go ahead flame me. I like blink and I like tom mark scott and travis.
Well...so my point.
I sang it and my brother said it's just like listening to Tom sing it.
I'm proud of it cause I finally got it after 5 months of trying. But I'm afraid to hurt my voice. It doesn't hurt too much...I mean it did hurt just a little bit like 4 minutes after it but then it stopped to hurt. What do you think UG?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I wouldnt be proud to sound like Tom Delonge.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Try to hurt your voice. It'll be for the best.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by SweetsForLife
I wouldnt be proud to sound like Tom Delonge.

I am...I like to sound funny
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Ask in the 'only vocal advice thread' in musician talk - its stickied. There will be people who know what they're talking about and aren't ****s there.
Um, I wouldn't worry if its ok now, but take it easy for awhile, and if in the future it hurts you when you do high/loud things, maybe you should consider more vocal training, doing less of it, or avoiding it altogther.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Leperaffinity01

quite random that was lol. I've heard drinking honeys good um and there's probably something on musician's friend that would help haha

oh yeah and next time don't ask the pit a serious question and execpt a serious answer lol. Well actually I've been sorta lucky when i ask but it ain't about singing
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Last edited by Newdawn at Aug 9, 2008,
Quote by StonaLemons
Ask in the 'only vocal advice thread' in musician talk - its stickied. There will be people who know what they're talking about and aren't ****s there.

+1

You're likely to get a lot of responses from people who are trying to make you fuck your voice up.

In my opinion though, if it's just one line and you don't sing it fifty times in a row, you should be fine. If it starts hurting though, stop.
If it hurts, keep going. It builds callouses in your throat making it more resistant to higher notes.