This is a serious question: Why does Fall Out Boy get so much crap, wheras bands that sound similar but are less popular are enjoyed and freely spoken about in this forum? I mean, i can understand people who dislike Infinity On High, but i honestly feel Take This To Your Grave is one of the best pop-punk records to date, and From Under The Cork Tree is a pretty solid record. Why do people hate FOB so much? Is it simply because they're very popular? I'm not a fanboy or anything, but i honestly think FOB is not a bad band. So why do you think that Fall Out Boy gets so much crap?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
This is a serious question: Why does Fall Out Boy get so much crap, wheras bands that sound similar but are less popular are enjoyed and freely spoken about in this forum? I mean, i can understand people who dislike Infinity On High, but i honestly feel Take This To Your Grave is one of the best pop-punk records to date, and From Under The Cork Tree is a pretty solid record. Why do people hate FOB so much? Is it simply because they're very popular? I'm not a fanboy or anything, but i honestly think FOB is not a bad band. So why do you think that Fall Out Boy gets so much crap?

Because they helped start this bs music.
a lot of people on here would agree that take this to your grave is a good record.
people hate this band because of what they have become and what they stand for.
this thread will be closed soon btw.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
-They do reaaaaaally bad covers
-Pete Wentz is a really bad bassist
-They have ties with really controversial metalcore bands (i'm not exactly sure on the details)
-Infinity on High is a really bad album

I just said really, like, 5 times by the way. In this forum though, a lot of people do like Take This To Your Grave though.
Some of their old stuff was good, but Pete Wentz has basically sold out. Also, emo is something people make fun of here, and whether or not Pete Wentz is emo, he sure dresses the part.

Finally, Pete Wentz makes out with band mates on stage. Nuff said
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Because you touch yourself at night.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by algemar
Some of their old stuff was good, but Pete Wentz has basically sold out. Also, emo is something people make fun of here, and whether or not Pete Wentz is emo, he sure dresses the part.

Finally, Pete Wentz makes out with band mates on stage. Nuff said

+ 546464857548454545

I really don't the new stuff, that's just my opinion.
Some people just hate the emo pop punk scene that's happening, would rather stick with good old rock and roll. I'm not a fan of Fallout Boy at all but I don't hate them, they're just too mainstream for me.