Build one. Wouldn't cost you most than £230.

I like them. I'm building one. Won't cost me more than £230..
I used to own a Jackson/Charvel years ago which I bought in Baltimore for around $400.00 USD. IT was prety nice but I ended up not liking the "metal style HW" (ie locking nut, Floyd Rose tremolo etc). But that's just my preference.
Moving on.....
Medial to high quality guitars. Very fast action; I usually associate them with '80s rock and metal.

If I were into that, a Charvel would be one of the first things I'd go for.
From looking at their youtube channel's videos to me they look and sound awsome.
I like their new USA line. I forget which one it was, but it had a floyd and DiMarzio Tonezone in the bridge and an Evolution in the neck. Isn't the Evolution Steve Vai's pickup?
I actually have an '89 Model 4 I'm getting rid of. It's a good guitar, but I bought it for an investment (which is about to pay off).
The body style is a little big for me (I'm short) but the neck is fantastic. I never had a problem with the locking trem - my guitar tech is an expert on these and taught me all I need to know.
But these new Charvels...uh uh. They're a far cry from what the old ones used to be...just like these so-called Kramers of today. The vintage Barettas piss on these things they're cranking out now. Unless you're getting a San Dimas Charvel, I'd say bleh.
there was a run on them at christmas 2007, where they sold off some of them for like £700

great guitars, but the frets were too small for my big hands
Top lel.
Charvels rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I have one and Its lovely

hecka lovely

Now I just need to put it back together

EDIT: I got mine for slightly less than £200 I think, and It's an old one. So look around, you might find a good deal
"No one ? and I repeat, no one ? has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the f*ckin' flag, see. That's freedom." - Bill Hicks
Last edited by 107 at Aug 10, 2008,
i got a model4 solid body 2 octave neck.floyd rose trem. and all jackson hardware .humbucker died after about 4 years .replaced with emg.i wolud not buy another brand of guitar.in fact i have made plans to be buried with mine. its a personal opinion but they are hard to beat.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Build one. Wouldn't cost you most than £230.

I like them. I'm building one. Won't cost me more than £230..

When you say "build one," do you mean to buy individual pieces and stick them all together? (Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question...)

Perhaps a better question might be: where would you buy the parts?

Thanks!