hey guys,i can play d guitar quite well.not as much as i wud like 2 but im working on it.d thing is im an absolute noob wen it comes 2 guitar gears.we r planning 2 play in a college fest n we r mostly in2 grunge music,but we also play songs 4m other genre once in a while.so pls suggest me a nice pedal so dat i can get nirvana kinda sound.also temme wat else i need 2 get all i have is a custom made guitar and a 40 watt amp wid a clean sound.also lemme know if boss and digitech(grunge) pedals r ne gud.ne help wud be appreciated.thnx
stop typing lyk u r txting plz.

Kurt cobain used a Boss DS-1 mainly. But for a general grunge sound i like the Big Muff better. If you're just playing grunge, any harsh distorted sound would work.

What amp are you using?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Kurt used a Boss DS-2, and an Eletcro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus pedal to get his clean chorus-y sound, Try those.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Get a boss ds-2.

Half of that I couldnt understand...but yeh, boss ds-2, cobain used one.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by SweetsForLife
Get a boss ds-2.

Half of that I couldnt understand...but yeh, boss ds-2, cobain used one.

he also used heroin
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by majonior
he also used heroin

uncalled for.

The digitech grunge is garbage, very muddy, I had one and gave it to my friend that had no pedals.

Go for a DS-2 or a DS-1, the ds-1 isen't the best you can get, but it's decent and it's cheap.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
your in college in your t4lk lyke a kyd wit duh downzors?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by l3p4rd
uncalled for.

but funny

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by MoonageDaydream
Kurt used a Boss DS-2, and an Eletcro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus pedal to get his clean chorus-y sound, Try those.

Well, i forgot to mention that later he used a DS-2 but that was mainly for touring and as a boost behind his tech21 sansamp on in utero, and the newer DS-2 will get you closer to the sound of his older DS-1 than a newer DS-1 will.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

I would also get a chorus pedal I have a Boss CH-1 and it works great for a nirvana type sound.
Quote by flames&guitars
I would also get a chorus pedal I have a Boss CH-1 and it works great for a nirvana type sound.

you know what works better for it?

the electro-harmonix small clone

(probably costs about the same as well)

Small clone about £40 I think
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'll be WAY more eager to help if you edit your post to something that's halfway understandable.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by rohanutd
hey guys,i can play d guitar quite well.not as much as i wud like 2 but im working on it.d thing is im an absolute noob wen it comes 2 guitar gears.we r planning 2 play in a college fest n we r mostly in2 grunge music,but we also play songs 4m other genre once in a while.so pls suggest me a nice pedal so dat i can get nirvana kinda sound.also temme wat else i need 2 get all i have is a custom made guitar and a 40 watt amp wid a clean sound.also lemme know if boss and digitech(grunge) pedals r ne gud.ne help wud be appreciated.thnx

I'll give it a go

Quote by rohanutd
hello there, guitar community. I feel my guitar playing skills are coming along, but not as fast as i would like, however i am working on fixing that problem. However, i am a novice (or "noobie" as one might say) when it comes to that of guitar gear. We (an unknown group of musicians who matter nothing to you) are planning on playing a set at a College Fest (i realize my typing skills are not up to par with that of an actual college student, but i'm working on fixing the matter). The music we (the unknown group of musicians who matter nothing to you) enjoy are the sounds and styles of the 90's grunge counter culture, However, we occasionally venture from our favorable "grunge" genre to play a different genre. So in other words, I'm hoping to recieve opinions on a pedal that would help me achieve the Nirvana sound. Also, if you would be so kind, enlighten me on what else i should purchase. Keep in mind i only have a custom made guitar and an unknown brand 40 watt amp with a clean channel only. I would also like to know if Boss and/or Digitech pedals are any good. Help would be very much appreciated. kthxbai.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Aug 9, 2008,
Quote by igotabcrich32

Quote by rohanutd

I'll give it a go

Quote by rohanutd

hello there, guitar community. I feel my guitar playing skills are coming along, but not as fast as i would like, however i am working on fixing that problem. However, i am a novice (or "noobie" as one might say) when it comes to that of guitar gear. We (an unknown group of musicians who matter nothing to you) are planning on playing a set at a College Fest (i realize my typing skills are not up to par with that of an actualy college student, but i'm working on fixing the matter). The music we (the unknown group of musicians who matter nothing to you) enjoy the sounds and styles of the 90's grunge counter culture, However, we occasionally venture from our favorably "grunge" genre to play a different genre. So in other words, I'm hoping to recieve opinions on a pedal that would help me achieve the Nirvana sound. Also, if you would be so kind, enlighten me on what else i should purchase. Keep in mind i only have a custom made guitar and an unknown brand 40 watt amp with a clean channel only. I would also like to know if Boss and/or Digitech pedals are any good. Help would be very much appreciated. kthxbai.

That's gold, Dan, gold!
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.