After owning it for 3 days, SG Standard and laptop collided, resulting in a TINY scratch on the edge of the headstock- Aidy's not a happy bunny! Should I just bear it, as it was bound to happen at some point, or is it worth looking into getting it touched up?

Also, Google was NOT fruitful, so no 'google is your friend' posts!
Suck it up.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Scratches, dents, and cracks are BATTLE SCARS and you should bear them proudly like a man! Look at professional guitarists' guitars, they are ridden with scratches and dents and they have a story to go with each one (or they just don't care cuz they can afford another 5 guitars )
Besides its too costly and time-consuming to fix up even a small blemish on your guitar
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I think Gibson stopped making those pens. Remember, do not use regular touch up paint on the guitar! It has a nitrocellulose finish. Myself, I would leave it as it is. I bumped my Standard Goldtop into a door (dumb) the first week I owned it.
Quote by restless_thrash
I wouldnt worry about it until your laptop goes back for more. then, a little action is required.

You are aware Grundy0 is perfectly well, aren't you?

To TS: Don't worry about it. It was gonna happen, and can happen to any guitar at anytime. Hell, the first day I got my Les Paul copy, I walked it straight into a barbeque.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Once its scratched that scratch belongs there I have an SG with numerous scratches. Only one of them being from myself I might add. The guitar still sounds just as nice so why bother
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
True, that. Most guitars in shops have scratches anyway, and judging by how I am onstage, it's just lucky it got off that mildly.
Quote by Aidy Damage
True, that. Most guitars in shops have scratches anyway, and judging by how I am onstage, it's just lucky it got off that mildly.

Yeah man, you can't prevent it. The guitar would look like crap if you had touch-up marks all over it. Seriously, I learned a long time ago to just not bother worrying about it, because no matter how hard you try it's gonna happen.
sorry to hear that man. But its better that you got off lightly, i have an epi lp special ll and it has a few blemishes around the back of the headstock (where it has been on a stand too near a painted wall and they have rubbed together), but ive had the lp for a year so i consider that to be nothing. Any way, dont worry about it, and just enjoy ur new gibson man.

Just be thankfull that it is not on the face of the gutiar!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
it adds character.

or atleast thats what i tell someone if i ding their guitar!

wouldnt bother with touch up pens, seeing the state they make to car body pannels, its more harm than good
-Keep on listening to the great Joe Strummer. Cos through music, we can live forever.
Quote by Aidy Damage
After owning it for 3 days, SG Standard and laptop collided, resulting in a TINY scratch on the edge of the headstock- Aidy's not a happy bunny! Should I just bear it, as it was bound to happen at some point, or is it worth looking into getting it touched up?

Also, Google was NOT fruitful, so no 'google is your friend' posts!

eBay!

Gibson Touch-Up Pen

Since you're in the UK, check your eBay.