Hi all, I have read some of the threads, pros and cons.
I have a Fender superchamp XD which I love and can actually use in my apt. at a good volume to record with. (Old 1930's prewar bldg with VERY thick plaster walls!)
I need a cab to do some small gigs with. I have heard some good (and some bad) things about AVATAR cabs but for the $, (298 for the basic with the celestion vintage and 75th annie speakers) is it good? I don't really want to spend more as I'm basically the frontman who plays some gtr, (think Bono) and won't be gigging that often.

Thanks! Any advice would be appreciated.

Avatar is generally regarded as the definitive "bang for the buck" cab on the market. In fact I would take their stuff over a lot of stuff that sells for quite a bit more.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
They're good, but they really only carry celestions.
If you wanted more choice with speakers, go for trutone, but they are more expensive.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
/\/\

you can get Eminence speakers with them, in addition to Celestions, but that's it.

Avatar seem to be really really good sounding cabs, especially for the money (hell, getting 4 Celestion Greenbacks costs as much as an Avatar 4x12 LOADED with them!).
No, I emailed whoever runs Avatar (I forgot his name), and he said they no longer load their cabinets with Eminences.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
really? they still list them on their website though. that sucks (although I like Celestions myself).
Yeah. That sucks for me though, because I have a fendery amp, and I don't think Celestions would sound good with them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You could just get an empty cab from them and buy your own Eminence speakers...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^That's always true, but some of us are lazy and want other people to do all our work for us.

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator