Can anybody else do this? I started doing it about 2 years ago and it still hasn't gone away. I started with moving my jaw sideways and forward, then I noticed I could make it crack.

I couldn't stop I just had to keep doing it, and now I deeply regret it. My jaw's still fine, doesn't look retarded or anything but it's annoying that it's feels kinda loose.

So anybody else have this problem?
I dont do that it sounds like a terible idea

But carry on doing it and send me a pic when it falls out i wana see the floppy jaw
Guitars:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Schecter Vampira - For sale
BC Rich M7 W/ EMG 81, 85 and sperzels - For sale
It happens sometimes when I'm eating. It always creeps the hell out of me.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
So I heard your IQ recently went up a point into double figures....

1. Why snap it?!Why?!That's rather moronic.
2. Seek medical advice. Nao.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I used to be able to do that, but then was advised against it. It can cause some pretty bad arthritis, so I stopped, and haven't been able to do it since.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Yep, everytime i chew something moderately hard it snaps and jolts my mouth. I can also make a very loud crack with my neck which grosses people out alot of the time
I can do it too, it makes this popping sound. I'm not just opening my mouth wide, because everyone can do that, but I sort of moved it sideways and forth like you. I think it's because of a dental-condition. I regret that I didn't stop this bad habit, because it doesn't pop anymore, but it feels like some of my bone has been mashed.

Oh, and sometimes, I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to for example eat, because it sort of jammed... I had to force it to open, and it kinda hurt... a lot...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 9, 2008,
You all need medical help. I was surprised so many people can do it.

Btw. I can make my knees crack everytime i want to.

joints of an 90 year old.

So true.
Born to lose, live to win.
i can do that. i have an underbite though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I can crack a majority of the bones in my body, let alone my jaw.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
mine does that also, my dentist said that it was nothing to worry about, my jaw was just naturally like that, she said just when you wake up open/close your jaw a few times and it shouldnt hurt you at all after that, and she's right, its not a problem.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
sometimes... i used to do it so much, it was fun... but sometimes it would hurt, cause I'd wake up and my jaw was locked... it would hurt when i tried to unlock it... its a dental problem, so cracking your jaw really isn't a good thing...but mine's stopped for some reason, so I'm alright
my jaws are pretty ****ed up. this orthodontist said i might need surgery to repair it along with braces. sometimes when i wake up i can't open my mouth because it feels locked or it feels really uncomfortable. i hate it so much
I cracked my jaw for like 4 years until my dentist told me if I stopped doing it that it wouldn't crack anymore. Now I can't crack my jaw lol
I can do it, but I dont do it very much.... it annoys the crap out of me when people crack various parts of there body for no particular reason.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Mine doesn't crack but on occasion I'll yawn
and it will become dislocated so I have to pop it
back in.
Thats annoying, and painfull.
My brother does it when he eats...it gets on my mums nerves but I don't notice
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
The right/left side pops if I chew something on the opposite side. It's weird, and slightly annoying.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMJ#Disorders

I think you may have that. I also think I may have it, as my mom does and my jaw clicks a lot now.

Quote by Wikipedia
In essence, this is when the articular disc, attached anteriorly to the superior head of the lateral pteygoid muscle and posteriorly to the retrodiscal tissue, moves out from between the condyle and the fossa, so that the mandible and temporal bone contact is made on something other than the articular disc.

My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by randomhero93
sometimes... i used to do it so much, it was fun... but sometimes it would hurt, cause I'd wake up and my jaw was locked... it would hurt when i tried to unlock it... its a dental problem, so cracking your jaw really isn't a good thing...but mine's stopped for some reason, so I'm alright

ah yes that's exactly what happend to me about 2 years ago. It doesn't lock anymore so that's good. and yea it hurt like hell.
Yeah i can crack mine, i remember reading about it before its like something wrong with your jaw and your meant to get it fixed, awh well.
Quote by anal_parasite
Mine doesn't crack but on occasion I'll yawn
and it will become dislocated so I have to pop it
back in.
Thats annoying, and painfull.

that hurts so bad.

i get it regular, i think its cos i used to pop it when i was little
-Keep on listening to the great Joe Strummer. Cos through music, we can live forever.
My jaw snaps on the right side when I open my jaw wide and it hurts like hell whenever it does.
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive