EQ?

Maybe you should get a new amp if you have tonal problems. Seriously.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
its just that someone told me my tone was horrible (this was in response to my Whole lotta love riff post, please look it up to see what I'm talking about) and I'm trying to remedy the situation
Quote by AvengedFoghat
its just that someone told me my tone was horrible (this was in response to my Whole lotta love riff post, please look it up to see what I'm talking about) and I'm trying to remedy the situation

Aye, it is horrible. Seriously, consider getting a new amp.

And maybe boost the treble and mids, it might help.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
that tone really is quite terrible. what crate amp is it exactly ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ok thanks I'm just trying to see what I could do without spending a lot of money. whats a good amp I could trade in for?
its a combo amp, dunno the wattage, dunno anything else (I know, terrible place to be when your looking for good tone lol)
Quote by AvengedFoghat
ok thanks I'm just trying to see what I could do without spending a lot of money. whats a good amp I could trade in for?

Well, you might not get a lot of money for it. But if you trade it in and spend a bit of cash, you can get a Valve Junior or something. It doesn't have an EQ, so you may want a EQ pedal or an overdrive pedal.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
haha at first i thought it said your toenail problems.. but anyways. yeah, that tone sucks, obviously. definitely get a new amp. i got a line 6. it's got really good sound for a little amp. it's the spider III 15.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by AvengedFoghat
I might trade my dad for his spider III 15... hmm...

no dont. the spider will be a tiny improvement, but it will still sound like a slightly better static fart. try the valve junior. also look at roland cubes (or microcubes if youre cheap :p or the vox valvetronix
Last edited by Epiphany521 at Aug 9, 2008,
Quote by roshjosh
Yeah, Get an eq pedal...

Or just a better amp...

Boost the mids, and the treble a bit... boost the treble a lot, actually...

+1, I believe Pagey used a lot of treble.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ok I'll trade in my amp for a microcube (if I can get it, I'm looking for a job btw serendipity)
Quote by AvengedFoghat
ok I'll trade in my amp for a microcube (if I can get it, I'm looking for a job btw serendipity)

That works, too. Microcubes are pretty decent, as are Vox Valvetronix...s. Go play 'em both in the shop and see which one you like better. Good luck with yer job, then you can buy all kinds of crazy stuff
Micro cube sounds pretty bad in the lows actually (only 5 w) but for high treble kinda rock its pretty damn good.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
wait I've got a digitech weapon pedal. will that help my tone any?

if you're curious about what it sounds like, listen to :"tone test" (not limbs riff)
Last edited by AvengedFoghat at Aug 11, 2008,