I'm in the market for some new acoustic strings, steel strings not nylon, and just recently got my first acoustic so I'm not familiar with the best strings out there. I tend to stay around lighter strings so i think light for acoustic its .12 gauge? If anyone could tell me why they use their brand it'd help a lot.
I use 12s on mine, Martin or Martins is the brand, something like that anyway. I haven't changed them for a year
I use D' Addario for my acoustic.

EDIT: Why's this in the Electric Guitar forum? Go to the Accessories forum, more replies there.
Ernie Ball! but its all about preference. too bad you cant try out strings before you buy em....hmm...
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
elixers
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
ive used daddarrio happily but usually use the green martins very happily. But recently
I have found a local supplier and bought a large amount of strings for very cheap and they are great
Elixirs, cost more, but last twice as long and sound nice.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by pwrmax
EDIT: Why's this in the Electric Guitar forum? Go to the Accessories forum, more replies there.

Or, even better, the acoustic forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I use 12s on mine, Martin or Martins is the brand, something like that anyway. I haven't changed them for a year

Geez they must sound aweful....I go about 2 weeks with my martin marquis strings and I cant stand it any long then that.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
Quote by IdiotWind
Geez they must sound aweful....I go about 2 weeks with my martin marquis strings and I cant stand it any long then that.

I just went about 6 months without re-stringing my LAG...never again, I didn't know the difference would be that marked...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.