i usually dont have this problem when there is no distortion
but when i turn on that distortion with some gain i have this one problem

whenever i move my fingers on the fret board, as my finger is lifted from a string, it sorta has that pull-off effect on the string so the string plays as i lift my finger from it

well since my fingers arent stuck to one position all the time that makes a lot of unwanted noises

its not like my fingers get sweaty or sticky or anything... it happens ALL the time regardless of whether or not my fingers are dry

any tips or help??
Palm mute or don't fully pull off the string with your fretting hand but just keep it on contact with the strings to mute it.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
When you're playing something on any of the strings other than the top E string you can mute the string above the one your playing on with your fingertip.
while going doing of your guitar [to the g b e strings] palm mute

if your going up [the 3 first strings E a d] mmmm with time normaly you get the motion to stop the from ringing. Or you can do like me [well it came to me naturaly] , my fingers are a bit angled down so if I go up it stops the rings that's under from ringing.

Another technique wich is more complicated but useless, normaly never used and sometimes used randomly without knowledge of it, always have your index resting on the strings so no strings are causing useless noises. But it's not recomended cause it can create a dependance and limits and shet...

Otherwise just the sure your fretting hand is muting down or just the string that's under, if your finger are big ,better it is but mines aren't and I'm perfectly ok and your picking hand must mute the up strings.
Just be more aware of what your fingers are doing and make sure you mute what strings you don't want any sound from. I have the same problem with bending, and sometimes i bend into antoher string and make it sound too, but I'm getting better.
it is probably your distortion, i bet the less gain you have the less it happens
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
Just be more aware of what your fingers are doing and make sure you mute what strings you don't want any sound from. I have the same problem with bending, and sometimes i bend into antoher string and make it sound too, but I'm getting better.

When I started playing it was the same, but fastly, doesn't happen anymore.