hey dudes

Okay, the thing is this: i have a mexican fender 50's classic strat, it plays great and holds up for many genres, BUt i like metal, bands like children of bodom, dark tranquility, at the gates, symphony x, opeth, and that sort of stuff, and it is really hard to get a really good metal distortion from my strat, although i have a boss mega distortion MD-2, so:

i thought about getting a hot rail pickup for the brighe position on the strat, but i wondered if it will give a good metal tone, or will just be sort of hard rock tone?

or will i need i put in a full size humbucker?
.. You want to play At The Gates with a Strat? >_>

Anyways, your going to get the best tone out of a full size humbucker, like Blackouts or something, but it doesn't really suit your guitar.. I'd suggest getting a whole new guitar lol.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
If it's got the routing for a humbucker you may aswell get one, you could get the hot rail but you'll have to have good equipment for it to get a full on metal tone.
I have a hot rail in my strat and it is great, but I think you would be better off if you got a fullsize humbucker. The hot rail is a little more bassy.
Yeah i know that a fender strat does not suits for metal, but i have tryed a lot of metal guitars, like ibanez esp jacksons and stuff, but seems they suck a bit unless you buy one for like 2000$ and i dont have that kind of money...
i allso thought that if i am getting a full size humbucker i will have to get a new pick guard woun't I? a so called hss?
Ahh, okay. I understand, I have an uncle thats a dedicated Strat fan as well :P:.

Definitely go for the full humbuckers though, you'll get a lot fatter sound. And if you got the Hot Rails, you'd probably end up buying full size humbuckers in the long run anyway.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
yeah i am allso planning to get a job, but i also go to last yeah at danish high school thing, pretty though, and also playing in 3 bands + guitar lessons, kind of hard to get time for it..
what's your amp?

if your strat is routed HSS (or HSH), i'd get a full-sized bridge humbucker...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well a vox ad15vt, but i play on varius other amps at practice places, but i thought about selling it and get some 3 channel marshall amp tube thing..
what do you mean with routed? i has a SSS pick guard, but i dunno if there is space for a full HB under that, i will check it next time i change strings in 1 -2 months
^ yeah, i mean under the pickguard.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?