Hi

I recently purchased a Hendrix crybaby and to say it was not exactly the sort of sound i was after is a little bit of an understatement, luckily it's broken so i can take it back! Huzzah!

Anyway, im looking for a more trebley sort've affair, something for a guitar with a similar tone to the one used in Dio's stuff, particularly 'we rock'. I've been looking at the crybaby from hell because, although im not really a dimebag fan, the idea of being able to set the frequency, and the extended sweep seemed to be what i was after.

Anyway, im pretty confused about the whole thing and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I hear the slash crybaby has a 'sparklier' higher end to it than a regular one and it also has tone controls
another thing that irked me about the pedal was that whenever i turned it on, it completely changed the tone of the guitar. Is this a problem that applies to all wah pedals? Because if not, id like one where this doesn't happen.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well duh, it changes the tone when turned on. That is what happens. Wah pedals change the tone when you move it and there is no neutral position where the tone is normal unless you turn it off.

+1
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
the wah from hell is pretty awesome sounding in my opinion. probably the best wah i've ever heard
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Maybe you could simply mod a wah, like change the pots and whatnot. I have no experience in doing that, but many others here do.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Getting a Dunlop standard wah would be good if you want to mod it. Changing the pot doesn't change the sound much though, the mods you'd be looking would probably be on the circuit board.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well duh, it changes the tone when turned on. That is what happens. Wah pedals change the tone when you move it and there is no neutral position where the tone is normal unless you turn it off.

Cheers for the friendly response

I am well aware the tone will change, if the tone didnt change, a wah wouldnt do anything, but the instant the hendrix one is turned on, it sounds like a completely different guitar.
Maybe you could mod the Jimi for more treble?

You could swap the 0.022uF cap for something less, like 0.015uF.

You could also replace resistor next to the inductor with something like a 47k.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by lo_hairy_lee
haha im afraid modding is far beyond the sun-rising force-yngwie malmsteen

Don't ask

Just return it.
If you want a really harsh, trebly wah, get a weeping demon.
It sounds like ass.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer