hi , i wanna learn diffrent scales on my guitar : blues , country , hard rock , metal ....etc but i just cant find them on tabs , i'll apreciat any help on this , it will be great favor ,thx in advance
do a search for guitar scales on the internet
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
learn sum music theory and notes on the guitar, dont be lazy
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by highlordmugfug
do a search for guitar scales on the internet

dayum that guy knows what hes talking about, and look at how easy it is!!!!!!!!!!
just learn notes and find scales and use notes in the scale
DUR
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Learn the basic scales in the flats and sharps beside the C scale. Once you have them under control you can go on to diatonic scales and others. Most players never learn the basic scales except for a few, let alone other scale forms. There is no such thing as a 'blues' or 'Jazz' scale etc. There is only normal scales that might suit either.
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 10, 2008,
thx for nothing guys i already known all what u said , i just wanted tabs for scales & u guy been great help
There is no such thing as a 'blues' or 'Jazz' scale etc.

There actually is a scale commonly known as the blues scale. Its a minor pentatonic with an added b5.

hi , i wanna learn diffrent scales on my guitar : blues , country , hard rock , metal ....etc but i just cant find them on tabs

Check out the lessons here on UG or google 'guitar scales' or something. If you still have questions, post back.
Quote by tom183
There actually is a scale commonly known as the blues scale. Its a minor pentatonic with an added b5.

I thought scales were made up of notes. What's a b5 note? Or did you mean b flat?
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by Akabilk
I thought scales were made up of notes. What's a b5 note? Or did you mean b flat?

he means the fifth degree of the scale
for instance, in c major the 5th degree is g
Quote by EddieCraig
he means the fifth degree of the scale
for instance, in c major the 5th degree is g

'There actually is a scale commonly known as the blues scale. Its a minor pentatonic with an added b5.'

This might help:
The classical music theory is not well suited to describe the Blues, but we don't have a choice. From that point of view Blues is crazy and wrong - playing dominant major 7th chords all over minor pentatonic scales, using chromatic scale pieces for intros and turnarounds, using a 5 tone scale instead of the accustomed 7 tone scales, adding notes that don't belong to any scale.

This scale is called "pentatonic", because it contains only 5 (penta = 5) different notes. We start with the minor pentatonic scale in E (there's also a major pentatonic scale, which sounds not so "sad", but for a deep basic Blues we'll take the minor). We start with the key of E, because it's a "guitar key" - all open strings belong to this scale.
Here it is, noted in tab (E is the key, that means the scale begins with E):
E I---------------------0-3-I
B I-----------------0-3-----I
G I-------------0-2---------I
D I---------0-2-------------I
A I-----0-2-----------------I
E I-0-3---------------------I

E minor pentatonic scale, first pattern.
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 11, 2008,

No, I mean the flattened 5th degree of the scale. In A major it would be Eb, in C major it would be Gb etc.
The minor pentatonic scale contains the 1-b3-4-5-b7. The blues scale adds the flattened fifth, therefore the intervals are 1-b3-4-b5-5-b7.