well. plain and simple, i suck at guitar i'm trying extremely hard to get better though. i have come a long way since i posted me dreadfully pounding out an improved solo. i used the tips given and i know for a fact that its better but still, not very good at all. so... i come again and seek advice to hopefully better myself as a guitar player.

the first part is just mumbo jumbo. i was just trying to get comfortable a little and give myself a little bit of ideas. the actually improvised solo comes in after about 2 minutes ish. i'm using a jackson dinky dkmg with a crate 15w practice amp. eq settings are 7-high 6-mid 8-bass with 0 distortion.

click here and then on the middle left, click 'listen to...' or you could download it by clicking 'download...' which is right underneath that.
Ok. Your rhythm playing is a bad at all. Slightly sloppy - but the more you play the more it'll tighten up and the more clean your playing will become - That's kind of obvious though....Don't even know why I put it.

You should practise new rhythmic patterns - adds a bit of variety to your playing and greatly increases the different sounds you can get of your guitar.

Your lead playing was Ok too. Again - all you can do is practice.

It's good that you put this up in a clean tone though - Shows your 'true' playing as distortion sometimes masks up sloppiness to an extent where people start to forget about it and therefore there playing never really gets any better. I recommend adding some reverb to your sound though.

You should also check out some articles on this site and also download different types of music - in tabs and mp3 format. This will help expand what you can play. You sound bluesy - in your playing - so you should check out some more metal music. If you don't like really heavy music - check out some more classic 80's stuff. Also Classical music can help develop your music an awful lot.

Use music you don't normally listen to to your advantage.

Keep practicing and posting up - it'll all help.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
thank you for the advise. as far as reverb goes, i don't have any way of getting that effect at the moment. i've been considering getting a new amp or just a simple reverb pedal.
A new amp would be good - I don't know much about create amps - but it's always good to upgrade to someone alittle more powerful in terms of wattage.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08