Ok so i asked about some pickups yesterday, but i asked more about the neck pickup and i never really got specific about the bridge.

Basically, i need a pickup to balance out with a SD 59, but i want it to have significant more 'umph' to it. my old bridge pup is too thin and weak for it to be worth anything. it will be going in a basswood body guitar which is slightly warmer than alder. Warmoth says that "Basswood has a nice, growley, warm tone with good mids." is that enough enough? while the 59 is meant for classic rock, i'm going to be getting it mainly for its cleans and low output. id be using it more for modern rock sorta stuff.

would something like a pearly gates do the trick? or would i need more kick like in the SD custom 5 or SD custom custom?

thanks!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Hmm, name some bands you're going for the basic sound of.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
um hm, i'm not sure. i want it to be bassy but clear. umm i guess im kinda goin for a sorta satch tone that can be really distorted but clear at the same time. does that make any sense? and will i be able to do that without getting a pup that is so hot that it doesnt fit well with the 59?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
hmm what about the FRED or Mo' Joe by Dimarzio? would those be too hot?? thats basically what im going for tone-wise
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
a JB and 59 combo is pretty common.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by stussy<>punk
a JB and 59 combo is pretty common.

yea thats another thot that ive had...
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional