I need an amp to go with my Jackson SL2H. I'm into rock/metal mostly, but want to be able to play some blues/funk if necessary. I also have the metal-muff distortion pedal if that makes any difference. I guess I'm just looking for an amp that will make my guitar shine.

Note: I'm playing indoors so I would need a practice amp of some kind, but still want my guitar to sound excellent (I heard that a lot of times guitars don't really shine until they are played extremely loud, but I can't do that where I am).

Thanks.
Combo or Stack ?
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
bugera amps ( one of the xl ones or whatever they re called), used 5150s, used mesa (need to get lucky), used marshall jcm800/jcm900 with booster pedal.

bugera some people say suffer from cheap parts...i have no experience WHATSOEVER with them except with beringer amps which should sent to be broken down and sold for plastic

as for getting used stuff its always best to look locally too as some people are just plain stupid when they sell their gear i got a jcm900 for 400 euros with new-ish jj tubes!

so look used i d say and look for something with a good amount of gain and dont be afraid to try a booster pedal over the distortion channel to tighten stuff up
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Combo or Stack ?

Thats the stupidest thing i've heard all day.. It really doesnt matter other than the fact that the combo will be cost effective and portable.

Bugera 333xl
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Peavey Ultra
Used Mesa Rectoverb
Peavey Classic 30 w/ an overdrive (works for me!)
Quote by gardon
I don't know what the difference between stack and combo is lol.

Combo has the amp and speaker in one cabinet while a stack means the amp and speaker are in separate enclosures.

Do you intend to play out?

If not, I'd recommend a nice 15-30 watt tube combo, like a Tiny Terror or Peavey Classic 30.
A-hah! A tube amp with low wattage, excellent. I'll go for that carpepax, thank you
Quote by Highwaytohell
Thats the stupidest thing i've heard all day.. It really doesnt matter other than the fact that the combo will be cost effective and portable.

Bugera 333xl
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Peavey Ultra
Used Mesa Rectoverb
Peavey Classic 30 w/ an overdrive (works for me!)

+1 on the peavey xxx combo!

Classic 30 won't work for you, 90% sure

Rectoverb are nice too but i don't know about the price

save up $300 more and walk away with a Mesa Boogie Mark IV, or up another $1000 for a Splawn Nitro
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
i would say get any of the Line-6 Spider 3 those are so sick and versitile you can do anything with them and there not that exspensive just sick amps all around
"if theres grass in the field... PLAY BALL!"

"put the chicken in the ham"...I'll have to remember that one... "Hey Babe! I'm gonna put my chicken in yo' ham!."
Quote by guitaro guy
i would say get any of the Line-6 Spider 3 those are so sick and versitile you can do anything with them and there not that exspensive just sick amps all around

Nice joke...
but if it wasn't damn you're slow for an '05er

THE MG HAS CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!

But the triple x should work for you
The reason the c30 with a drive pedal works for me is becuase I have JJ tubes and i'm putting a hi-gain drive infront of the lead channel with the preamp gain at 10 and the mids slightly scooped
Yeah, you should definitely look into an mg if you want CRUSHING overdrive..