Since my birthday's coming up there's a good chance I'll be getting a bunch of pedals that I want, in addition to the power supply I want, so I think making a pedalboard to keep everything neat and tidy (to an extent ) is in order.

I was thinking of using a 2 foot by 3 foot piece of wood, and covering it with some black felt to mount everything on. Would this be a good size for the pedals and stuff i'm using?

I've got a Boss DS-1 and Dunlop 535Q that I've got right now (don't plan on using the DS-1 much if I get a tubescreamer), but the things that I hope to get for my birthday are:

- Maxon OD808
- EHX Small Stone
- EHX Small Clone
- ISP Decimator
- MXR Flanger
- MXR Carbon Copy
- Korg Pitchblack Tuner
- Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+

Eventually (over the course of like, say months or so) I may choose to add more pedals to the list (Boss DD-20, Line 6 DL4, MXR Stereo Chorus are a few that are on my list), so I do want to be able to add, say, another 4 - 6 pedals if I can. Would 2 foot by 3 foot be big enough to fit everything? Going the DIY route allows me to make it perfect for my use, relatively affordable, and tailor to the size i need (as opposed to a pedalboard that would fit, say, 6 or 7 Boss sized pedals).

Keep in mind I also need to fit the footswitch for my Mesa, but since it's simply a one button lead/rhythm switch, it's basically the size of a Phase 90.

Also out of curiousity, what size pedalboard do various UG'ers use? Not really relevent to my needs, but I'm kind of curious at the same time.

Thanks.
all that for your birthday?!?!? gah...im lucky to get a 5ft cable...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
yeah i was thinking the same thing. eather you have a verry verry loveing family or your just haveing high hopes.
haha, well not ALL of the pedals i listed, like 3 or 4 i'm thinking tops, but i figured who knows; i may get really lucky. ^_^

Any help on the size?
Mabye your parents are like mine and just throw gifts at you and consider it love.

However those are all pretty damn good pedals no doubt
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
lol, it's nothing like; there's just a bunch of people in my family.

I never said that those pedals were set it stone, I put "I HOPE". In all likelihood, it'll be 3 or 4 pedals, so PLEASE guys, try to help me answer my question on getting the right size down.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
lol, it's nothing like; there's just a bunch of people in my family.

I never said that those pedals were set it stone, I put "I HOPE". In all likelihood, it'll be 3 or 4 pedals, so PLEASE guys, try to help me answer my question on getting the right size down.

well the way that works you could end up with 3 or 4 of the same thing
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
haha, that would be funny if that happens, but it wouldn't; i tell my mom what stuff i'd like, she tells relatives the list, they decide what they're gunna do, and if it's something off what i want she just neglects to tell any other relatives about it, so i DON'T have that wind up happening.

Cuz I like tubescreamers as much as the next guy, but what the hell would I do with 4 of them?
Quote by RG_FANMAN
haha, that would be funny if that happens, but it wouldn't; i tell my mom what stuff i'd like, she tells relatives the list, they decide what they're gunna do, and if it's something off what i want she just neglects to tell any other relatives about it, so i DON'T have that wind up happening.

Cuz I like tubescreamers as much as the next guy, but what the hell would I do with 4 of them?

Plug 'em all up for teh br00talz.
but they cut low end though!....not that my Mesa's lacking in that department.

Seriously though, any suggestions on size?