What are some of the cheapest builds I can do? I ask this because I have a lot of time on my hands, I have that desire to build something and I don't have a lot of money. I already know that the killswitch doesn't cost that much to do. I'm gonna put one in my guitar and build the pedal too just for something to do. But yea what are some of the cheaper builds I can do? If you could tell me the prices and where to get the instructions (or post 'em) that would be nice.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Masking tape....spray paint....razorblade....
CUSTOM PAINT JOBS!!!
I know how to and what-not but I don't have as much time as you to post it all on how to, Kill some time and research it...YouTube is a good place to look...anyways yeah research it, do it properly and have fun =P
And its not so bad if you screw up, but its pretty hard to.
Yeah, or instead of masking tape make some stencils and make custom graphics and stuff?

All just ideas!

-Scum-Bag Carrol-
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
ahh that's a good idea, never really crossed my mind. I'll look into it. thanks
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Quote by Metallica Fan21
ahh that's a good idea, never really crossed my mind. I'll look into it. thanks
No problem! Try it on a old starter guitar...perfect it and maybe suit up a better one?...V's are fun to do and if your really bored upgrade pick-ups and hardware and stuff?
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
yea since it's still a while till school starts up and I can't play football I need somthing to do with my time.

I have this old Johnson Strat that I was planning on doing it too. the only problem is that I'm not too creative and I don't know quite what to paint it. I thought maybe the EVH stripes but that's been way overdone.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
if your wanting a guitar kit, ebay has teles, strats, les paul, Flying vs, SGs, Ibaneze RGs, precision and jazz bass,
Just look around on different sites!
builds? hm, maybe a maple neck, poplar body, maple fingerboard, tung oil finish, one pickup, one volume pot, and a wraparound bridge? Cause, you know, builds are diiferent from costomizations.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 9, 2008,
well I was including costomizations too haha but also what are the cheapest pedal builds
Quote by Jack Off Jill