How did Linkin Park and how to artists period get their vox to 'stutter' for when they want to 'stutter' the steady beat?

An example in In The End when Mike Shinoda is rapping @ 1:28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIwWqYSbzGA

He does the 'stutter' @ the word "Property".

How can I achieve this without getting a digital turn-table?

And how do you filter drums to sound like they're a high frequency and distorted? Simple EQ filter with some OD/Distortion thrown on top?
I got some good guitars, yo.
The stutter is a really good question, the effect sounds ace and ive never thought about it before, but i think the only way is to have a digi turn table, but may be effects, for some reason im think a delay but that wouldnt do it. ¬¬.

sorry abotu not being able to help, just thoguth id say nice question :P
xxx
Quote by Leat
How can I achieve this without getting a digital turn-table?

Well broadly speaking; you can't.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
does sound cool though, never noticed that before so thanks
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
It's a digital effect. Unless you train yourself to make a decent facsimile with your voice, it's all production value.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
It's a digital effect. Unless you train yourself to make a decent facsimile with your voice, it's all production value.

Well I would like to be able to get that digital effect. xP Any help?
I got some good guitars, yo.
It's production. Go into a studio, record your voice, and ask the producer to do that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.