Page 1 of 2
It would be a TV show. The entire premise of the show is that guitarists looking for fame and fortune come on the show. Essentially, to win, you have to beat the other guitarist, on national television, in a GUITAR BATTLE.

OH YES, it's on.

and the best part of it is, since it's a regular guitar thing on tv, major gear companies would pay out their ass to sponsor it.
*Rubs chin*
Like American Idol/ X-Factor? But with guitars???!!

*Rubs chin some more*
Quote by GeneralGrim
It would be a TV show. The entire premise of the show is that guitarists looking for fame and fortune come on the show.

Why would I watch a piece of shit like that? Thats just as bad as all the reality shows on nowadays dumbass.
Converting music to competition.

I don't like it

In another way I like it on some points

But it's abusing in the fact that it's converting music into competition
could be lame or amazing
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Well they have "Guitar Idol" but its not on TV.

Gustavo guerra won it and got to open for satch or something. He's awesome.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Meh. I'd watch it if nothing else was on.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
The entire show is going to be biased. If this show becomes Guitar Idol or something, they're going to just vote for the more popular guitarist rather than the technically proficient one. Unless they hire Satch for a judge, but that's unlikely.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
....WAIT A MINUTE, you're the same guy from that other thread.

...you're the worst troll ever ._.
So basically I could waste my time watching a bunch of pretentious, socially retarded egomaniacs one-upping each other while making horribly unattractive wanking faces?
DOWN&OUT
I like it. When does it air? I'll give you 1000 pokedollars to start.
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
eh not that original of an idea. and it would be a bunch of guys playing hey there delilah to get preteen girls to vote for them (if its anythign like american idol)
Quote by Epiphany521
eh not that original of an idea. and it would be a bunch of guys playing hey there delilah to get preteen girls to vote for them (if its anythign like american idol)

Who the hell said the public would be voting? Nowai. There would be highly technically proficient guitar gurus judging the whole shindig.
There would probably be too many disputes over the judging and varying styles of playing... I'm not a fan of these types of T.V. shows...
This sound an afful like amaricas next grat rock band or wtf that show was called on fox. It was gay lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
You know, I would watch just so they could put Simon Cowell, Herman Li, and Slash in the same room together and watch the eventual ****storm occur.

It's like stormwatchers, only with more pretentious englishman and mentally challenge japanese guitarists
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by GeneralGrim
Who the hell said the public would be voting? Nowai. There would be highly technically proficient guitar gurus judging the whole shindig.

THEN it might be good. but it wouldnt be that big and would probably not get on tv because the majority of the public cant appreciate actual talent. throw in the jonas brothers in that competition as judges and you have a primetime hit
Quote by GeneralGrim

Hmmm, if Satch was the judge, it might be interesting. But still, the general public find shredding (in long doses) boring and annoying. I think it might work, but this show wouldn't appeal to the public, who'd rather have something play a 3 chord progression for hours. Or they would rather just see some dude in scene makeup.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Reality shows are based on the premise that boring attention-seekers can have a sustainable career in the music industry without songwriting ability. This is bullshit. What would be better, would be bands playing gigs and then being judged/voted through on the basis of their songs and their live show. And it's already been done.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Reality shows are based on the premise that boring attention-seekers can have a sustainable career in the music industry without songwriting ability. This is bullshit. What would be better, would be bands playing gigs and then being judged/voted through on the basis of their songs and their live show. And it's already been done.

And it wasn't very good to be honest.
I have an idea for a show. It's a show...... about......nothing

Seinfeld reference.

And to be on topic, like stated, I don't think the show would work because everyone would play with different styles which would be extremely hard to compare.
No, y'know what? You guys wouldn't appreciate genius if it slapped you in the dick. THIS THREAD IS OVER. GO HOME.
^ It could've been, with some development. But the problem was that they weren't looking for innovation, they were looking for something marketable to the mainstream audience, so they just got generic copycats of big mainstream artists.

EDIT: To Broken_drum
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
^ It could've been, with some development. But the problem was that they weren't looking for innovation, they were looking for something marketable to the mainstream audience, so they just got generic copycats of big mainstream artists.

EDIT: To Broken_drum

Exactly, all the comments seemed to be along the lines of "Well I like it/don't like it but will I be able to sell it?". Not to mention the obvious bias in music, for example when a screamo band tried out for a place Alex James dismissed them on the basis of their genre and didn't even comment on their musical content.
Yeah. It's strange, the businessmen just want money and have no passion for music, but you can't really make money from music without passion, so businessmen don't understand the music industry, and they're the ones running it. The musicians don't understand it either, but they know they're important to the businessmen, so they cling to that.

EDIT: To Broken_drum again.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah. It's strange, the businessmen just want money and have no passion for music, but you can't really make money from music without passion, so businessmen don't understand the music industry, and they're the ones running it. The musicians don't understand it either, but they know they're important to the businessmen, so they cling to that.

EDIT: To Broken_drum again.

I like your style kid.

[/1940's film producer accent]
Well as said before it could be very biased because the people that would judge it (Guitar Gurus or the public) would probably just pick their favorite style of music to win. And would it be like solos, or full songs? Either way on any of these questions, biased or unbiased, the show would still be very boring to watch. So, as said before, who really needs another reality/music competition show? The whole world has already been brainwashed by American Idol...
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
well if the jury would consist of Satch, Eric Johnson, BB King, Batio and Pat Metheny, hell yes I'd watch it!
I don't think I'd watch it.

But if you think it would be a good show, then go pitch it to NBC!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Or we could have a show called yo mama,
and contestants looking to find out who is the bigger douchebag,
can participate in "yo mama battles",

Brilliant right?
We need an English version of Rock Fujiyama.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLSk_ZKv1k
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Page 1 of 2