If this should be put in the musicians forums, then i'm sorry.

After reading the beta blocker thread i wondered how many of you suffered from stage fright, if so, how badly does it effect you and what you do to get rid of it?

I don't really get stage fright anymore, it used to hit me pretty badly but now i rareley get it, sure, i am excited but i only worry about my equipment going wrong and if i have to sing or do something different then i get kinda nervous, usually i have a smoke (of a cigarette, not weed) before a show and maybe one or two drinks, anything over that and i usually get kinda sloppy.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I have it occasionally...

nothing really bad happens, just that my right leg is twitching like hell

and that's a reason why i'm always wearing a cap on stage.

I don't have to see the crowd unless i want to
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Aug 9, 2008,
I'm usually fine onstage. Especially if my best friends are there.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I can play guitar or bass fine but the idea of singing on stage makes me nervous (I've never had to yet).
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I get it pretty badly at first, but once I start playing and doing well, it goes away pretty quickly, and at that point, I just feel good.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I'm a front man. And I usually can't perform unless I'm wasted. Which then everything is peachy.
lol i only get it when i gotta say anyhting in front of ppl i dont know well
but playing music is no problem
ahah i played at the school talent show and a teacher (gym teacher lol) unpleugged us\
the funny thing is that everyone got pissed at him even tho they didnt especially like our music
srry that was off topic but anway
when i perform its supposed to freak ppl outso................. NO STAGEFRIGHT!!
I get stage freight with smaller crowds, which is weird but it only lasts until like 2 minutes into the first song.
Then I'm usually well into it and pretty disappointed when I have to come off...
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Nope.

Then again I don't go on stage. But I'm a nervous wreck anyway so I'll probably go on stage but then walk off crying.
I only had stage fright for a year or two when I had to play solos in the jazz band, but now I'm used to it. I'm fine with playing music now, but talking in front of other people is still very hard for me. I always rush through it and behave like a robot while giving speeches or presentations.
I just channel any nervousness into hyperness and become this half man, half guitar musical machine sort of thing.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Oh yeah, if its just me in front of a few people i get scared ****less, but if its me in a band then i am fine, i can talk, joke, do some backing vocals, and generally function fairly well.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Never had stage fright. The only time I got "close" to being nervous on stage was when my action was ****ed on my bass, but 10 minutes before the show a friend of mine broke out the alan wrenches, adjusted it to a decent enough level, re-tuned it and sent me on my merry way. The gig went alright.

Oh, and that was the same time the entire clover tuning knob for my G string BROKE OFF.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Just pretend if you do good you get laid. And if you do bad, you get laid, but you get a STD.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Just pretend if you do good you get laid. And if you do bad, you get laid, but you get a STD.

That's so ****ing random.

EDIT: for less seriousness
I used to get it a little bit, like my knee was twitching a little bit, but now I'm usually fine.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
lol I know. I was joking. In all seriousness and honesty, I don't get stage fright often, and when I do, I just think pretend I'm practicing.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate