So some of you guys checked out my other thread so you know my plans for my ME301 First Act. The woods of the guitar really arnt that bad, Poplar for the body, maple for the neck and rosewood for the fretboard. I guess im really lucky on the guitar i got cause in 9 years its never needed any truss rod adjustments or anything. But in all fairness, the hardware is [insert dirty word here], and the paint is crap. But i have a couple changes to my plan.

1. I will not be routing out the pickup compartment because its not needed.

2. I will be using an Ibanez pickup i found until i have enough for the EMG.

3. Bridge will have to wait.

4. Tuners will have to wait.

5. Pickguard will be ordered tonight =P

6. Ordered a 500k pot.

7. Paint job is undecided but is down to 3 options

8. My dad will be reshaping the neck -possibly a little scalloping- and if it still sucks then i will be buying a new one.

So without further waiting the pics!

The Guitar:

After taking the neck off

After taking the pickguard off

With the pickup in position

And whats a 9 year old guitar without a little abuse?
(Invalid img)

And yes i did brake the whammy bar off inside the tremolo.

Thats all for now im getting started on sanding tomorrow, can someone tell me which grit to use to get the paint off?
Last edited by The_V_Player at Aug 9, 2008,
for my projects i generaly start with 50 grit, then 150 and ending up on 220... but the last too are only nessasary to make it smooth and i generally use them for refinishing a neck... in fact just use 50 to remove teh paint...
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Yeah im ordering a one humbucker/one knob pickguard.*order go delayed till tomorrow*
And my 3 choices of paint are black, white, and purple*dont ask lol*

So i did some sanding in my backyard today*this is all hand sanding since i dont have access to a palm sander atm.*

Front:

Weird little pattern lol:

IDK if this is normal, its really rough and sanding doest help:

Same with this little spot:

And this is where i left off today*my sister had to mention that it resembles a certain part of the female anatomy*:

So any advice on the weird part of the wood? Or is that normal?
Any comments are welcome.
There must be either a veneer covering to give it a nice wood finish and you've sanded through it in some spots, or its the wood sealer. Ive come across the same thing before. Make sure you get it sealed back up before paint otherwise you could get little pin holes all over the bare wood areas.
Quote by piecies_81
There must be either a veneer covering to give it a nice wood finish and you've sanded through it in some spots, or its the wood sealer. Ive come across the same thing before. Make sure you get it sealed back up before paint otherwise you could get little pin holes all over the bare wood areas.

You've sanded off the wood sealer. sanding it more is only gonna make it worse!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Alright ill remember to seal it up, ill go to lowes tonight and get paint, sealer and clear coat.
Still waiting on the designs to get done since im having 3 of em made lol
So pickguard, pot, screws and input jack are being ordered tonight also
i like your bed sheets...

the guitar is looking cool too... and too fight your case it could look like a big butt on the back! lol
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by LP Addict
its a veneer. is yourbody made out of plywood?

It's not a veneer, if you look closely you can see the grain from the smooth darker part follow onto the bare wood.

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Aug 14, 2008,
Ok so i havnt been able to get the rest of the sanding done due to the fact its been raining and i havnt been able to get to lowes cause dads been called into work everyday..
So what should i do about the spot where the wood is bare?

@LP Addict:The body is Poplar
update time

so the other day i ordered my pickguard, pots, input jack and pickguard screws.
today it wasnt raining and my pickguard came in =D so i went outside and finished sanding the back and some of the sides, ill finish up tomorrow

anyways heres some pics of the pickguard

Im gonna have to cut it a little so the neck will fit.

Bridge fits with a little room

And the famour mockup to see what the controls will look like

i should be ordering my blackout pickup and graphite nut this weekend =]

Now time for questions:
ok i found some more of those roughspots on the back, what do i do about these? if anyone can tell me id be greatly appreciate it

thats it for now, check back later
primer to even everything out. sand. then maybe a base coat. sand. paint
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Hey guys its been awhile thanks to Mr. Gustav. Anyways, so i finished getting the old paint off, now its got the primer on, more sanding tomorrow, then base coat.
When i was unable to sand i finished getting all the other things ready.
So now i have all my paint: White, Black, and Purple.
I have my new pickup, the pots, ect.
Things i still have to get: New Tuners probably Grovers. Thinking about ordering a new nut since the one on it is plastic i mean its only like $10, and probably ordering new Graph tech saddles for the trem unless i really HAVE to replace the whole thing.

Anyways more pics.

Primer:

And Blackouts for the win

And can someone give me some stenciling tips?
prep is extremely important. don't skimp on the prep, take car in masking etc.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
So its been FOREVER since ive updated, because school started i havnt had any time to work on it but heres an update. I know i said i was gonna do a tribal/celtic thing but the thing is, my favorite movie of all time came out on special edition so i had to do a themed guitar. So with the help of my friend Jake*new guy, ViperCustoms* we did it very well if i do say. Lookout for more stuff from him.

Grovers anyone?

Freshly painted

Headstock with Zelda triforce on it lol

Mockup w/ letters added

More pics when i get my camera working
Last edited by The_V_Player at Oct 5, 2008,
Dayum. Like da paint job. Such a good movie Makes me want to stencil mine.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Not my style, but nevertheless, very well done so far.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.